Void Elf vs Dark Iron Dwarf vs Goblin Rogue

Hello there,
I am thinking abou making rogue in the future and I am looking for some advice. I would mainly do some pvp with pve meanwhile. Which of these 3 is best choice for pvp with a little pve meanwhile?
VELF gets dmg boost + teleport - nice vs ranged characters
DIDwarf gets fireblood - free cloak of shadows with dmg boost
Goblin gets rocket jump with rocket for dmg

Which 1 ll you pick if we look mostly for pvp? teleport vs cloak of shadows?
I prefer velfs animations vs dwarves but can probably geet used to it :wink:
Thank YOu!

Depends on what PvP content you have in mind and how you like to play. Goblin is the least relevant - the jump does nothing for you, the rocket is irrelevant. For general PvP content, both void elf and iron dwarf work. For PvE, the all-purpose dispel can be amazing in especially mythic + (which are required for you to gear up for PvP). However, any differences between these two are minute, given that they are the latest overpowered master races.

If you want best benefit out of a race, you may as well wait for mechagnomes in 8.3 - constant 400 primary stat buff and automatic 20% emergency heal. Like with the allied races or vulperas, they are designed with benefits strong enough to encourage you to pay money for race change.

I think that unfortunately for my velf fascination (cause they look so nice) I ll probably do dark iron dwarf - bleed dispel ll help more with warriors and rogues + physical reduction is also a little dps reduction vs melee.
You can probably have this 400 primary stat and emergency heal but ability to vanish is much better imo ?

people said that about the zandalari… yet i don’t see them being mass shifted to.

There is likely some crippling flaw that is being overlooked with mechagnomes just like there was with the zandalari.

@Gromph - the issue with bleeds is that they get reapplied almost immediately in PvP. Unless you can track things like buffed garrotes or toxic blade/sanguine buffed bleeds., it won’t help that much and is niche in the first place (even though if you can, you can negate quite the portion of the damage, I imagine). With the PvP talent on sprint, you shouldn’t have issues vanishing and running away from others even without cloak, if you want to play defensively. Especially if you then keep your cooldowns like blind/gouge/kidney in case there are some pesky demon hunters or hunters with Mark chasing you (not to mention that if they know how to play, you won’t survive anyway without speed pot).

@Siffrah - true enough, however I’d say that the biggest issue would be that most people don’t find these changes strong enough to pay the money to race-change and Blizzard also doesn’t want to completely destroy the racial balance in this way. In competitive PvP, there are still better options too - meld, stomp, silence. It is my opinion, that even though many people are not race-changing, it is Blizzard’s intent to encourage people to either get more engaged and spend more time in-game levelling up the new races, or even better encourage them to race change. Just several thousand people paying money to change their mains due to racials alone would be a tasty revenue on top for Blizzard. Because even though the new races are better only marginally, I think it is quite indisputable that outside of niche situations, they are superior.

There is likely some crippling flaw that is being overlooked with mechagnomes just like there was with the zandalari.

The flaw is being “rogue doesn’t really looking for a long fight” and ugly as sin prosthetics. Mechagnome racials, while certainly great for a rogue, are not THE best. And with an “only mother could love” visuals I’ll be really surprised to see them at all. More so a month or two after release when people who changed to trash gnomes for their “broken racials” are re-rolling back to humans and elves because they can’t look at their diaper baby no more.

To op - just pick whatever race looks good to you. The real endgame is transmogwars anyway.

1 Like

This isn’t an issue.

Lets explain. Imagine you fight vs an Assa Rogue in PvP. You use your racial like an idiot without looking at timing it, and you dispel Garrote and Rupture, the guy has a full energy bar, 5 Combo Points. He’s faced with two choices now. Envenom, or Rupture ? If he does Envenom and builds new CPs with Mutilate he will have no energy left, and no regen because no bleeds so he’ll have z slowed rotation for a bit. So he MUST use Rupture, and then Garrote.

In that scenario the bleeds were instantly reapplied. This is the worst scenario yet you basically immuned an Envenom (since he couldn’t press it and had to Rupure instead) and made him waste the following GCD on Garrote.

Now let’s imagine you use the racial right. You use it right when the guy JUST reapplied Rupture, hopefully Garrote as well if possible, and has less than 50% energy. What happens then, in the best scenario ? You dispel a 24s Rupture and a fresh Garrote. The guy has 60 energy (50%) and no more regen with bleeds, and 0 Combo Points, and Garrote is on a 6s CD. The Rogue has to press Mutilate, so +2 CPs -55 energy. He now has 5 energy + the passive regen of approx 12 per sec, so he has 17 now. He needs to wait another second to apply a 2 CP rupture, and then he needs to wait some 3s to Garrote and he will need to refresh that Rupture soon enough.

You can really nearly stop the damage for 5-6s if you time this racial right. Easily. It’s the same again feral although they won’t have thr energy issue since their regen isn’t tied to bleeds.

Against the rest (warriors) then it’s useless since the bleeds do get reapplied at no cost with every hit.

That’s true, and I did actually point out the best scenario to use it with - sanguine/toxic blade/buffed garrote dispel. However, in casual PvP this is too niche, and will have what I would personally deem to be a strong enough impact to be worth consideration only against assassination rogues and only against their buffed bleeds - as opposed to velf teleport or goblin rocket jump, which is usable against everyone. Not useless, just way, way too niche. At least in PvP - in M+, potentially great, even though everyone who would want to min-max there would run with nelfs because of meld, which is incomparably more superior.

1 Like

tbh if u look up the popularity of Allied races you will notice its Small Overall reguardless of the DPS Gains :stuck_out_tongue:

alot of people dont wanna farm out Reputations to exalted to unlock them nor level one to get its heritage armour. no allied race will see a major flocking to because of the gates u have to unlock to actually create one :stuck_out_tongue:

allied races just arent realistically a hit with Alot of the players :P, it requires you to get exalted, level a Alt and pay for ur main chars race change… Alot of people wont bother with this :stuck_out_tongue:

NE is probably the bsst racial by a long way right now despite not being in your list

1 Like

Orc or Magnar Orc. Nothing scarier than a huge Orc appearing out of nowhere and shredding you.

1 Like

Just look at me kk? Thank me later.

Vulpera rogue.
just to mess with Alliance (they hate small cute furry foxes )
radical deals addunal 35k damage.

Nelf or human or orc are the racials which sit nicely the best with Rogue for PVP. As for appearance thats a you thing

One case for goblins;
In BGs you can be a flag-capping machine! Your size let’s you cap in “plain sight” if you position well (and the person guarding isn’t paying too much attention), and for maps where you have to run the flag the rocket jump will not drop the flag.

A downhill rocket jump, grappling hook, 15% speed buff from Outlaw talents and then a speed potion to finish and you can be halfway back to your base before anybody has a chance to react!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.