Void Elves are not Emo / Goth elves

Emo / Goth elves = sexy

They’re emo elves but they’re cool.

Their lore is so negligible that you might as well ignore it.

Yes, I’ve seen it - the two colored hair styles and eye costumizations do look very nice; as well as the two colored skin styles. From my experience I’d still categorize them as goth / emo / (metal) and Visna seemed to like them too, so I guess we’d both be happy. :wink:

On behalf of a wonderful Fanfiction I discovered on AO3 I’d also strongly suggest to add void scars (although I think they already got mentioned).

I know - and none of my “proper” void elves wears them. I just don’t like the idea of many high elves running around with a “void elf” mousover. It should be possible to select which sub-race is displayed by the game (same for blood / high elves).

I really think an addon fokussing on “stabilizing” Azeroth after all the recent years of drama etc. which fokusses not on many new events but instead explores and deepens existing lore would be wonderful. All these constumization options (also others for different races) could be unlocked by short questlines (similar to the kaldorei black eyes) / back-to-the-past-raids. If they are worried about new players later on, they could still unlock the options with the next addon “for free”. I wouldn’t mind.

1 Like

If my Night Elf can have Black hair why cant my Void Elf?

Free all the colours for all races!

4 Likes

Are nightborne the emo elves of the horde ? :stuck_out_tongue:

‘Goth Kids’!
What the heck? Your original goths are going to be in their early fifties or so now. (I mean obviously I mean people who liked Bauhaus and the Sisters of Mercy, not the Barbarian tribe that sacked Rome.) Even Emo’s are likely to be in their thirties or late twenties now!

Seriously though. Yeah, Void Elves kind of are that vibe. They’re people with a weird interest in the darker elements of the cosmos and capable of making really questionable lifestyle choices that may prove really bad for them in the long term, just like most Goths, (don’t even ask me about the ‘Scene’ in the 90’s.!)

Thing is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, I mean by definition is it a strong look/ethos. Not bland or generic. I mean look at Warcraft’s Elves, The Night Elves are kind of like your ex-hippy grandparents, who probably thought ‘Easy Rider’ was a documentary of their youth, the Original High Elves were kind of like the ‘normal’ Elves beloved of Tolkein, the Blood Elves were basically Elves with the whole ‘Trainspotting’ thing going on (The book/film and its vibe, not the hobby :stuck_out_tongue: ) and the Void Elves are kind of Gothy…

Which is pretty cool. You get a whole cultural evolution that makes sense.

I mean look at Void Elves, and look at Goths.

Morbid curiosity with dark things: Check.
Reading books by dead people with really sketchy pasts: Check.
Wearing a lot of dark clothing: Check.
Living in creepy places by choice: Check.
Generally sounding a bit ‘posh’: Check.
Mad Hair: Check
Taking too much power/narcotics that will prove unhealthy for you?: Check.
Mocked/rejected by their elders: Check.

Thinking “This Corrosion” was one of the finest musical pieces of art ever: Che-ummm…

Ok, that last one might actually just be Goths. Not Void Elves. But it is. I mean ‘This Corrosion’. Totally is one of the finest pieces of music ever…

But yeah, so what if the Void Elves do have that whole gothic vibe to them. Gothic is cool…I mean Gilneas is an entire city built with a Gothic vibe to it. Undercity has people using coffins as beds, and whilst their males dance like they were in a mosh pit, Forsaken females do the stereotypical floaty hands Goth dance that women used to do all the time back then. It could only be more goth if they took three steps forwards and two steps back whilst doing it!

So whether you see them as brooding dark souls, or vigorous chaos magicians playing with the cosmic building blocks of reality, Void Elves kinda are Gothic themed.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Embrace your inner Bat. :stuck_out_tongue:

my vethyr, void elf, shadow priest, is pretty emo.

This elf stuff again. Why is it always elf stuff.

Only specie that receives so much discontent it seems.

Bandwagon mentality?

Posts from an Elf character. Voluntarily clicked on a thread which mentioned Elves. Complains about the topic involving Elves…

Sounds legit.

That’s like being in a restaurant, ordering steak and then going “Why did you bring me steak! I’m Vegan!”

3 Likes

I am an emo cow - look at my fringe!

U can’t see it for my pesky top hat gosh darn it

Don’t know about the emo part, but they’re the drunk elves of the Horde, that’s for sure.

Just because I listen to Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, The Cure, Joy Division, etc. Keep snakes and tarantulas, and have tattoos of those, does not make me a goth or emo. I don’t like black coffee or Sylvia Plath, so there.

4 Likes

Hmm I am pretty sure they did not choose their hair to look that way though, no matter how deep the dark waters they chose to delve in are (poetic :stuck_out_tongue:).

For me it’s mostly about being peer-pressured to request more dark and goth-like customizations when we already have plenty just because there is a somewhat gothy theme going on. Like I said yeah by all means they can play as their fav gothy themed elf but they shouldn’t pressure the rest of us to wish for our Velves to only have these few limited choices.

1 Like

100% emo.
Thats why theyre cool.

This is the most emo post I’ve ever saw. Of course its from a void elf :eyes:

They are not Goth but they do give that vibes, same with the Worgen and Undead

And guess what? Both Worgen and Undead have blonde hair. 2 blonde haircolors actually in different shades.

And alleria who is a Void elf has blonde hair as well.

So yeah having Gothy vibes doesn’t stop you from asking for blonde hair. When the most gothy and edgy of Characters sylvanas has Blonde hair herself. Then you have the other edgy sister Alleria.

And pretty sure 90% of the Dark Rangers have white and blonde hairs

At the end of the day it’s mostly just people with faction pride who don’t want us to have the blonde hair color. In the process, they ruin the fun for others just because they want to be unique barbies as if they are the only blondes in the game (even Taurens have blonde)

I’m just tired of this community… fighting over 1 hair color. Wow is going down the toilet

1 Like

Velfs are so goth that they make forsaken look … non-goth.

True. Worked for me in my 20’s and 30’s. well, when it wasn’t scarlet, or peroxide blonde, or that time a girlfriend dyed it in my sleep and I ended up with fuschia pink.

I think it is because they have this weird perception that ‘spooky’ has to look dark coloured. That’s not really spooky though, is it. And spooky is the Void Elf vibe. Not actually -Evil-, but definitely South of ‘Sweetness and Light’ (Well, by definition in the case of the last word).

One of the most enduring bad guys I remember in all my years of reading fantasy fiction was by an author named Guy Gavriel Kay (He’s very good, if you’re into fantasy literature). All the way through the trilogy they had been bigging up this brutal orcish warlord who laid low cities and was a watchword for his cruelty. You never actually see him, but you’ve already got an idea of him in your head, haven’t you. I’m guessing it is 'looks like Garrosh, on even more ‘roids, and dressed like he’d just stepped out of a gentleman’s BDSM club, that had a Power Metal night on that evening’. Finally at the ‘final’ battle against this brutish, savage army, he appears, and the ‘good’ army falls into confusion.

He -is- a bit of a unit. This is true. This shining Knight in a pristine white woolen cloak over his shining burnished gold plate armour, long blonde hair visible trailing out of the bottom of his helm (Visor down). He looks like the absolute epitome of the shining golden hero.

Then raises his visor… “Oh thank goodness, it -is- actually a horrific barbarian orc dressed up so beautifully that he couldn’t possibly be evil!, with flowing blonde hair.”

Point is, he’s more memorable than if he had just been some horrible big lad with an axe and wearing skulls as a codpiece.

Void Elves should be the same. They’re sinister, They’re spooky, They mess with Dark Powers. Nobody says those things prohibit you from having blonde hair…
Sometimes the contrast -is- the spooky thing. Its like all those horror movies where you tend to have at least one choral song by a bunch of children on the soundtrack, despite something brutally horrific about to happen.

It’s spookier because it doesn’t -sound- evil.

Void Elves should be the same.

So give 'em blonde hair, why not? It’ll make High Elf fans happy, and it will give Void Elf fans who want to play with that ‘uncanny valley’ vibe something to play around with…

1 Like

They’re just unwashed greasy haired weirdos.

1 Like

We have began a petition requesting customization for the Legion Allied Races, inc Void elves. Please kindly sign on http://chng.it/pjDStzZCjn.
And FYI goth-like suggestions are included as well.