Void Ritual "The End Is Coming" buff - Stuttering FPS Drops

Hello there.

Is anyone experiencing any FPS / stuttering issues with the Void Ritual buff “The End Is Coming” ?

After it procs, as soon as the buff ramps up past the 10 stacks, so does the visual effect and that’s exactly when I get massive FPS drops and intense stuttering.
A couple secs after it’s gone, everything goes back to normal.

Is there any known workaround for this?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Same issue here, no massive fps drop but micro stutters for me after combat for a few secs

3 Likes

Can confirm, this buff causes framerate stutters on each tick until it reaches 20 and ends.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

I already tried most of the more obvious fixes, like repairing the game files, updating drivers, tweaking my graphics settings, resetting the UI. Nothing seems to help.

This becomes especially problematic when doing M+ and Visions…

1 Like

Are you guys tracking it via weakaura or something?
I just tested it again and i get no stutters at all.

But i sometimes get stutter when i mount and unmount.

Not at all, but I do track several other things with weakauras though.

Ok so I figured out what was causing my Stuttering / FPS drops with this specific Buff.

It turns out it was a UI issue after all, more specifically with the plugin for ElvUI called “ElvUI Enhanced Again (BfA)”.

I simply removed it and the problem never happened again.

for me i do have Elvui / Decui and not Elvui Enhanced Again (bfa) installed its another plugin but Elvui itself also has a folder with Elvui Enhanced… and i just unchecked that but now ofcourse… the minimap bar isnt working and some other tools what is within Elvui Enhanced but will see if the sttuttering is gone or not