Voidform stuttering

I’ve been noticing this ever since Legion really, but it seems potentially worse with the launch of 8.0, basically, whenever you’re in Voidform and are in combat you should be able to notice some stuttering, specifically when moving around. I think it has something to do with the insanity drain or gaining Voidform stacks as the stuttering almost feels like it’s in sync every second or so.

I’ve tested this on other computers to ensure that it’s not just me and I’ve also upgraded my own computer over the course of Legion anyway… obviously I’ve also tried this with/without addons and a full game re-install/UI reset. The problem is still present. It is worth mentioning that some addons DO seem to make the problem worse but as I said it’s still present within the default game.

Apart from moving around, the best ways to make the stuttering more clear are by playing at higher fps with a higher refresh rate (so basically a smoother game). People with 60hz monitors might have trouble even seeing the issue.

I’ve tried recording the issue but it just doesn’t really show up well on video, especially when you’re locked to 60 fps.

Would be great if others (specifically people with higher refresh rates) could test this out and let me know that it’s not just me (throughout Legion I did see a couple reports from others but not enough to give it attention).

• Clarity

I pretty much have the same Issue. I spoke with a lot of different People over the Battlenet Support Ticket System. Nobody could help with a Solution which doesnt surprise me anymore since The stutter also happends without any Addons at all. Addons like WeakAura just seem to enhance the Problem a lot.

just wanted to share this and hope that some people browsing here notice the same issue. since in my eyes the Problem lies with Voidform itself There is pretty much nothing i can actually do to improve my Situation

in case you wonder how it look.

This was Camera stuttering i could fix with a raw mouse input command. It looks and feels worse in Voidform
1 Like

I can confirm this bug. It became much more noticeble since 8.0, and I can clearly see it even at 60hz, espesially in M+ and outdoor. Friend of mine also noticed this, but only after I told him about it and showed on stream.

Does it still occur if you remove all of your armour?

yeah it does. and now with 8.2 its even worse with Bosses like Zaqul+Azshara

still trying to get a Support Guy to understand that it doesnt matter if i play with Addons or a freshly Win Setup without anything

I also have this exact issue! Did you get any fixes?

it was fixed with 8.2.5. Now with 8.3 it returned in lighter Version

Just logged on my shadow alt and tried it.
It’s smooth for me.
Does it only happen with specific talents or azerite?
Maybe it’s a weakaura or an addon causing it?

maybe its one this time. i can try later. But It doesnt bother me anymore since its so much less than before

but the one before was 100% Blizzard related and as i said it got fixed in 8.2.5

Only advice i can give to anyone suffering from it is to Record it and Spam Blizzard Bug Report on PTR or Customer Support. but they usually cant help you

I think thats the Video that helped the Most for reporting

I had to break out a frametime grapher to make sure i wasnt going insane. I tested it on lowest graphics and no addons and while my regular frametime was 6ms, i was getting every other second a frame on the order of 35ms in voidform. Directx version made no difference.

As it seems to be rare we should probably list hardware to find an outlier.
i7-4770k@4.2ghz, evga nvidia 1070 sc, DDR3 16gb memory@2133

My Example:
In VF i.imgur.com/XIT1c0E.png
In Combat i.imgur.com/yOIUGmD.png
Guildie:
In VF i.imgur.com/zoji47F.png
In Combat i.imgur.com/tQvaRJ5.png

Has anyone found a Solution to this problem yet? :frowning:

If you still have it. Make some Bug reports and give them all the Info like i did with some Videos/Other recordings of it

Sure. Do you still have this Bug? Have you found any Settings that may lower this Stutter? Do you play with Dx12?

One thing I noticed on the PTR is that you can disable the Particle Density Setting in WoW so that Void From has NO Particles or Animation at all and the Stutter is still there, so this is 100% a bug… This is crazy that this only happens on the Shadow Priest. I will try and report this Bug on the PTR but the hopes of this bug being fixed are low :confused: . But one good thing is that Void Form is now a Cooldown and you dont have to see this stutter all the time :smiley:

No. as i said above. For me it got fixed with 8.2.5 or at least reduced to a level where i dont notice it anymore. and ye i play with dx12

again. If you still got trouble. Do what i did. Record it and spam the devs :slight_smile: