Voidwalker is a wet noodle that cant hold aggro

Can we please get a Voidwalker that actually is worth using in World Content?
It only holds aggro like 20% of the time, and even when it does hold aggro, it pops so fast against anything that isnt trash, that it’s not worth using for any valuable solo content.

Either Voidwalker has become useless, or the overworld Elites for the unlockable world quests just scale too hard.

Edit:
Just as an example, one of the Cinderbees for the Dornogal World Quest just dealt 1 million damage with the first instance of a dot.

12 Likes

I’ve been playing my warlock main since TBC, and I’ve been affliction basically all the way through.
I have NEVER, EVER had so much trouble handling multiple mobs like in this expansion, and I hope it’s not intended.
Being mostly a solo player, one of the main reasons I love playing affliction warlock is “dot a few packs, let the voidwalker aggro, use a couple of aoe, do whatever I have to do while the vw keeps them occupied and finish them later if necessary”.
Right now, if I pull more than 5-8 mobs (depending on their strength) and I don’t have all my cooldowns available, I might actually die.
It’s so weird for me, after all those years of more or less the same level of survivability, such a drastic change.
Just today, I have (twice, because I just can’t get my head around it) pulled a group of 3-4 mobs with around 50% health and no healthstones (or in CD). I popped Dark Pact, Unending Resolve, Mortal Coil, tried to cast Soul Rot to have a better Drain Life (or just Drain Life to try and stay alive) and still died. Regular mobs, not elites.
This is extremely frustrating, and I hope someone will take a look into it, because right now the VW is kind of pointless.

After Legion, Voidwalker’s tanking and aggro holding were nerfed to the ground. They never explained why and they just left it as is. Furthermore, we have a disgusting 5.5 seconds cast time and our way of healing the pet is horrible.

Compared to a Beast Master, the difference is day and night.

Just stop playing Warlock. Its a class on wheelchair compared to other classes.

1 Like

well, it was fixed supposedly:

• Increased the threat generation of voidwalkers’ and felguards’ Threatening Presence.

i have checked the VW aggro today, and saw no changes tough. it can hold aggro only while taunt is up and after that the mob immediately turn to me just like before.

and losing hp so fast, it still seems bugous.

2 Likes

true

on paper is best tank pet but FG so much beter thx to dmg it can hold argo. realy wish thy buff VW pet in dmg / threat and give some more cool looks to unlock.

also, there are a lot of mobs/abilites that simply ignore threat levels, like the web bolt casters in delves. you actually have to LoS them because they always target you if they can see you, no matter the threat.

so yeah, blizz made some problems for us this expansion. too.

Strange, haven’t seen any issues with him, even when I pop all cds on a delve boss.
The only problem I see is that many abilities (not melee attacks) of monsters are now designed to ignore pets and always target the player, maybe bees also have one of those.

Haven’t seen problems with aoe tanking of VW either. Another thing that aoe rotation is annoying as hell, would sell my soul for soc spam from the old times.

Two of my warlock alts just hit level 80 . They are ilv 550 ish. I mean FRESH level 80.

One is Affliction one is Destruction. Both use voidwalker. Neither character the voidwalker will hold aggo on a single enemy for more then 2 spells. I literally have to stop casting for up to a MINUTE to drop aggro. The voidwalker doesn’t do ANYTHING.

Yes the taunts are on autocast. They just do absolutely NOTHING.

2 Likes

Affliction and Destruction feel awful in Delves because of this reason. It’s genuinely dreadful.

1 Like

We are tanky casters, idk whats weaker we or void walker :sweat_smile:

They prob only fixed felguards then.
Because if you try out demo you will notice that “Threatening Presence” is not that bad.
It has trouble at gaining aggro at start but it can hold even when im doing over 1,3mil dps.

I think the problem is that Voidwalker only has a taunt, when it should have a threat aura + taunt.

They don’t know what to do with pets
Hunter is the same
Do to much dmg
and pet losses aggro or just dies to fast