Voidwalker not holding aggro

I miss health funnel insta heal glyph… :frowning:

1 Like

Yes!! I noticed this. Before 8.2 I was happily blasting away on my other lock in LFR Antorus and he was holding total aggro.

Now for certain bosses (Aggramar) I need to swap to Demo on some fights purely because the Wrathguard will hold a boss properly rather than only until I cast the first Chaos Bolt.

I think 8.2 seriously nerfed Voidwalker threat generation for some reason.

1 Like

Before 8.2 the Voidwalker was in its new, flimsy state, but it could still hold aggro on mobs and it just required some health funnelling to get the job done. However now, the voidwalker can rarely hold aggro on anything but a single, non-elite mob this patch, and if it manages to catch anything bigger it will only stay up for a few seconds. Meanwhile I watch hunter pets holding aggro, taking hits and especially on BM they can take on a lot of enemies at once thanks to mend pet and defensive cooldowns which affect the pet.

The pet system of warlocks, especially demo locks is outdated, heavily nerfed and to be honest it needs a complete overhaul!

4 Likes

Legion’s Infernal was pretty good holding everything… miss the guy T_T

5 Likes

I don’t know why, but Blizzard decided that warlocks were too powerful in PvE, although I don’t see where. So they decided to basically remove the voidwalker. It is still present, and seems to be doing something, but it is just special effects. You will end up tanking everything you and the voidwalker agros. So, we have become a tanking class wearing cloth, except we have no defensive abilities except maybe fear. This class has gone down the drain and is basically no fun anymore.

2 Likes

I try to play my lock but all it giving me is frustation and boredom
Frustation : on how bad we are
Boredom: on this class is just boring to play
Every other class has this 1 good spec

Warlocks has 3 bad specs

Demo : No real management for pets
Affliction : just dot and use deathbolt and shadow bolt refresh dots
Destro : Our strongest spell chaos bolt takes to long to cast

Our demon that that supposed to hold aggro does nothing but losing aggro

Problem with all 3 specs is that all of them (affli may be less) has some interesting idea behind them, but they all suffer from terrible ingame implementation

1 Like

Dude i gotta ask you a question ingame!

I usualy play on my other warlock Dâedra - Argent dawn

Oh okay ill hit you up when I’m on

That is not entirely true. With good gear, I was able to take about 10 level 60 mobs at the same time, using hellfire, and VW held agro on all 10. Sure, it is low dps per mob, but it held 10 mobs! Our current VW on lvl 120 can’t even hold agro on 1 mob!

1 Like

4-5 days ago a lock and I nuked a rare on Mechagon. His void was able to keep aggro all the fight. Is the void rebuffed again?

No, it is still crap. The dps was just low.

It was you? :slight_smile:

I gave up using my void when my lock hit ilvl 330 or so. In the meantime I unsubbed and returned again 4 weeks ago. I hoped blizzard was enlightened and buffed the void again. Apparently no.

Could have been me. Didn’t notice names. But regardless of what I target as destruction, I get aggro. It is only a question of when. I think VW aggro scales with warlock dps. But it does not have the capability to taunt anymore, or at least it does not work. Also, its AOE agro is next to non-existant. It used to hold decent aggro, also against groups. Today it has 4 abilities, all of them worthless.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.