Voidwalker not holding aggro

With the 8.2 update my voidwalker has became as useful as a piece of celery, it’s sad cause I’m really enjoying this patch but can’t even take on 2 mobs at the same time cause my voidwalker can’t keep them occupied longer that 3 seconds

12 Likes

Can second that. I have noticed for ages now Blueberry will only use his Suffering at more or less random occasions too, even if the mob is attacking me and Suffering is off cooldown

1 Like

Yeh like who was it that made warlock tank pets not have a castable taunt like hunter pets have… were stuck with this garbage increased aggro buff… i cant even count how many times i got murdered cuz my pet died and when i resumoned it the mobs were still on me because he cant taunt them grrr…

2 Likes

I returned to warlock in 8.2 after a long delay, and noticed this, too. I thought it’s normal nowadays :slight_smile: Was it different in 8.1?

My Wrathguard too doesn’t often hold aggro, not inside Legion raids when Im soloing, not against actual mobs either, since like the start of BFA.

I am legitimately serious saying this but I see Dreadstalkers tanking mobs for me almost as often as Wrathguard, and especially in Legion raid soloing boss often ignores Wrathguard completely.

And as if it wasnt enoungh, Wrathguard also likes to go on genocidal spree against local crab population just as I’m trying to mount.

No idea what they’ve done but pets seem pretty weird to me nowadays.

3 Likes

Tbh I have never got something like that with my felguard, he is tanking everything easily and can hold on aggro way better than the blue pet one.

I noticed when I do old raid with threatening presence up and then I go out of the raid, it is just removed alone.

My feeling that it also dies easier than the blue one :slight_smile:

It dépend I guess but I can take big packs and cleave them easily. But yes on nazjatar he dies easily VS some mobs.

Not really.

Yep
The poor blue boy can’t take two step without aggroing everyone and their mother on the map (especially fond of little crabs, slugs, oh and big fkin elite flying mantarays…)
Can’t really hold aggro and die easily
But hey, suffering builds character!
We are Warlocks… we got used to it, life is hard
But its painfull
Especially with the funny high density of mobs who love to spawn together in swarms
God I HATE Nazjatar at the moment
And I love the whole Naga-Azshara Lore and want palyable Naga…
But Nazjatar… és Warlock HELL!!! >.<

4 Likes

Omg literally the worst especially in nazjatar literally I’ve killed more crabs and slugs than I have naga

2 Likes

LOL, true :slight_smile: I even go with the imp sometimes, just because it doesn’t aggro everything on sight

1 Like

That’s, like, your fault? Don’t use his cleave attack and he won’t aggro everything.

It’s true that he is not tanky enough RN.

kinda agree sometimes he#'s died so fast i’ve not even noticed, maybe keybinding and micro managing Suffering would help.
Also if he’s tanking a rar mob in Naz or Mech, i just apply dots keep them rolling and keep topping the blueberry up with health funnel takes a little time sometimes but he’s still alive or just pree empt a pre summon before he dies.

With warmode on, and pleasure trough pain talent, my shivarra tanks mobs better.
That was not a joke.

If you think is bad now. Then you gonna get more sad when Classic come. That sad sack of sheit could not hold aggro back then, even if it life depented on it.

it is terrible to use atm. sure you can get it to keep aggro most of the time if you spam it’s taunt ability your self, but we should not have to do that when hunters don’t have to.

another problem is it’s AOE ability. it will constantly pick up neutral mobs and what not in the area…

solution: move suffering to the top of it’s ability priority so it always casts that before anything else.

3 Likes

I find it can tank rare mobs 80% of the fight which is good enough for me but it definitely feels… incomplete. Like it just forgets that it is the tank for a few seconds.

It has been my go to but lately for the new zones I’m finding myself wanting to go Imp.

1 Like

This definitely got worse with 8.2. We’d had bugged Threatening Presence for longer than I can remember. Taking a portal or using a FP will strip it, so make sure it’s on. But even after that he’s really struggling and not actively casting taunt.

1 Like

Would be great if the aoe-attack didn’t aggro everything around it also that’s not in combat or neutral. It keeps pulling so much extras making it more dangerous to use it than not. And drain tanking ain’t no longer a thing so I just stopped playing affliction for world content as it’s just a pita :confused: But BlueBoi sure needs a looking to as it’s pretty much useless these days…

2 Likes