Voidwalking in mythic+ ?

I have my voidwalker setup to have threatening presence active, and both it and suffering taunt on auto cast. This is always the case in open world, basic dungeons and raids. But all of this is disabled when I summon a voidwalker inside a mythic keystone dungeon.

Its not an issue with a few moments setup time, but when you need to drop it in an emergency and it resets every single time you summon, its very frustrating and rather useless.

Is this by intentional design, or is my setup bugged somehow?
(I did clear my cache and wtf folders recently but nothing changed)

This change to voidwalker and felguard argo abilities as the result of blizzard’s attempt to remove human error from the game.
I can’t say that this is straight bad idea, but it is a sympthom of the large problem that blizz is trying to push in game - remove human factor from MMO game where human factor is one of the key experiences.

Unless they changed something a voidwalker is going pull everything despite having taunt turned off anyway…

Voidwalker pulls everything because it has an agro aura called Threatening Presence. The demonology felguard also has this ability, and both pets have it turned on by default. You can of course turn these abilities and their auto casts off, which the game then remembers for next time you summon and use them.

My problem is that ALL threat abilities and their auto casts are turned OFF in mythic+ dungeons, regardless of how I try to set up my pet each time. Every time I resummon the voidwalker I have to spend 3-4 seconds reapplying the taunt and threat aura before the pet it fully useful again.

With time to prepare this isn’t an issue. But it completely removes the emergency summoning functionality of voidwalker if a tank dies or there is an unplanned pull/aoe burst that causes reaping, etc.

Shaman earth elemental, moonkin treants, and other similar abilities don’t have this limitation. Hunter pets can also have their growl set to autocast and have it remembered in mythic keystone instances.

1 Like

True.

But since were stucked with it… have a macro , 3-4 seconds is very long for an emergency.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.