Vortex Pinnacle is a joke

tbh the circle was never meant to outheal the dot by itself in the first place anyway. you just have to use healing cooldowns like any big fortified trash pack requires

I almost had a stroke yesterday healing this last boss on +20. Can’t even imagine how this will turn out on tyrannical. The overlaps, the life of the orbs, the jumping mechanic. This boss needs to be tuned.

The last pack before the boss is funny as well. Definitely one of the harder dungeons.

in your mind apparently underrot is balanced lol
it is so undertuned compared to everything else, must be nice to live in the forums and do nothing else in your life?

you don’t understand the mere concept of failed balance attempt and you just list stuff that get nerfed to make the dungeon easier, which is not even true. They nerfed the interrupt requirements to include casters. With a full melee group of course the interrupt requirements make it a little easier but therefore they made several pulls harder.
They failed to make it harder compared to bfa in that regard because they undertuned everything in that dungeon.

ah whatever talking with a wall that just posts in every post to annoy people anyways

You go girl.

You either suck at narrative or you’ve changed your story.

Unless “more miserable” means they made it way easier and you don’t like that.

They added a mob that doesn’t do anything if kicked to a pack that has no kicks in it. They effectively gave you 2 free percent which has had implications for routing that mean you don’t need to do other more dangerous things like tick packs.

1 Like

The pugs I joined, the tank took the dragon to Tokyo and added 4 assassins to the pull. It’s almost unhealable :slight_smile: .

1 Like

it makes that pack a lot more dangerous because you have to pay attention to 3 things now instead of 2.
People getting one shotted left and right from tentacles and fears because they focused on kicks as well that was my experience in a lot of pugs i ran UR with.
Maybe changes over time, but I think at least it made that pack more difficult.
if you think otherwise, good for you i guess

This hasn’t been my experience because the tank typically has enough things between kick / stun / to lock down the worm’s important casts (Bolts do nothing). It’s just an extra mob that’s there for funnel / free percent. It adds a bolstering stack which also doesn’t really matter because all the damage on that pull is avoidable and if you’re eating a frontal or a tentacle slam you’re probably dead anyway.

Btw, wowhead states that the wind direction on the 2nd boss is fixed, which is wrong, it’s pretty random !

It’s ok to add older dungeons into m+ pool, I love a lot of older dungeons and the only time I can experience them is leveling new alts. So being able to play some of them in higher difficulty is nice. BUT. The choice of some dungeons is questionable at best. Vortex pinnacle is one of those dungeons that shouldn’t come into m+. It’s on the same level as Violet hold prisons.

If Blizz is adding dungeons from non-m+ era - they could go beyond cata/mop and onclude wrath/tbc or even classic dungeons.

There is no reason to forget such dungeons as scholomance, scarlet dungeons, a lot of wrath/tbc ones.

1 Like

not 100% sure but doesn’t this boss scale with fortified and not tyrannical?

Timed 21 today after ~10 depleted keys. Most of them depleted on last boss, which hits so insane on fortified… I have no idea how are you supposed to deal with it on tyrannical, just unplayable. Tbh I have a theory that since we have so small amount of trash here, blizz actually made the bosses harder on fortified to kinda balance things between fortified and tyrannical, but I’m not sure about that. I believe this dungeon requires redesign, namely: add more trash, make trash have less health and damage, make the bosses easier (especially the last one, because first one is just useless dummy, second one is kinda fine if you’re doing winds properly, but the last one is just a blocker and you can’t do much with it)

1 Like

Top down camera angle and its easy to do. Really dont know how people struggle.

Keeping true to the old style mechanics is a waste of resources when implementing as well, and I’m not paying sub money to look at 14 year old graphics either.

Then unsubscribe if you don’t like the direction. Because that is where it is headed.

I’m not going to unsub, but I will repeatedly voice my opinion of M+ being stuffed into old content, while raiders get only new stuff.

Anyhow, Diablo 4 soon soon I won’t have to bother too much with S2 anyway :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.