Vortex Pinnacle is a joke

Very easy mechanics and insane tuning. Orbs on 3rd boss have insane amount of hp with very high damage, also they spawn 100 km away from you.

5 Likes

Except the 2nd boss which is a git in terms of timings

Yeah I hate that he swaps wind direction at the same time you need to step into the tornados to avoid Downburst. Not to mention how bad the wind direction visual is. It used to be fairly simple to see and somehow they re-designed it and made the visuals worse…
Generally this whole dungeon has terrible visuals. White mists/wind on top of light grey floor. If Blizzard actually made more spells clearly telegraphed and stand out from the environment, people wouldn’t need as many addons to track things.

2 Likes

Yeah, why have they made the visual so much worse. Whilst doing the original version of this dungeon (well, timewalking) it is really clear to see. Now it is really hard to make out. Why did they do that?!

1 Like

So many visuals are broken i hate it a lot:

• Call the Wind
  • Twisting Winds

The wind speed run buff (after 2nd boss while climbing up after the 1st pack) is just so much “improved” that it is not enjoyable to use it anymore
I hate all changes done.

Wait until you try do some 18+ as healer on last boss if you don’t top 100k HPS as healer you can say bye bye, he will cast chain lighting on someone during the ORB phase , you will need to keep the group above 70% at all times

orb does too much dmg or has too much hp or spawn too often /easy to overlap with instant kill mechanic.

should be one oft it not all 3…

Not much better on Fortified week. Did this on +17, but group decided to call it on last boss because of and irl issue with one player.

• Altairus is still a pain, even on fortified. Wind direction visuals are pretty bad, and the ticking dmg from standing downwind seems a bit overtuned. And it’s still a big issue with overlapping mechanics when you get wind direction swap at the exact same time you need to jump over Downburst.
  • Armored Mistral cast Pressurized Blast way too often. If you have melees in the group, it takes forever to get these down.
  • Young Storm Dragon needs a bit of tuning. Icy Buffet does insane damage, even when we were careful to not bolster it.
  • Servent of Asaad spam-hitting me for 350k+ Sure Strike. Why is 1 single, un-bolstered trash mob more scary than any Tyrannical boss on the same keystone level? It’s beyond ridiculous.
  • On Asaad we had issues with him spawning Skyfall Nova on one side, and then he casts his grounding field 50 yards away. Because we had 2 melees in the group, we had to stop dpsing the add to get to grounding field in time. Since it’s RNG where he spawns adds and grounding field, you have no control over this.

The route is pretty boring as well. You have almost no option in terms of pulls, no planning of the route, mobs are extremely annoying for melee groups and the tuning is terrible. There are outliers in other dungeons, but the problem with Vortex Pinncale is that it has no redeeming qualities. Once I get the score I need from it, there is no reason to ever go back.

Blizzard has so many great dungeons to choose from. I can’t believe this place made it through…

1 Like

Tried +22 forfitied. Everything until last boss is fine, but spheres on last boss are definetely overtuned. This is fortified, not tyrannical. Extremely overtuned damage on spheres requires you to make very specific comps with high self sustain and high single target burst damage classes (just like on Uldaman totem boss tyrannical). Seems to be the worst dungeon ATM

Don’t know why they are so eager to force 6~10 year old content on us… Even if they polished the mechanics, we’re still stuck with less polygons than my mythic+ score, and I don’t even have KSM yet.

1 Like

I like old content and other people too. I am glad Blizzard are returning it. There is so much old content which can be used. Blizzard are on the right track.

1 Like

For the second boss Altairus that some seem to struggle with due to winds and heavy damage maybe it helps to know that the wind is nothing you need to predict where it starts and where the next one is going to spawn. If they have not changed this fight from how it used to be then Call the Wind have a set pattern throughout the fight.

The winds move clockwise and starts from the East, followed by the South, then West and at last North. After that it begins at east again.

If you are in the right zone and have your back turned towards the Call the Wind , you will benefit from Upwind of Altairus (+30% Haste buff).

Reposition immediately if you get the Downwind of Altairus debuff on you since it will do heavy dot damage every 0.5 sec and have your abilities & attacks slowed by 30%. You get this when you are facing the wind. Avoid the wide Chilling Breath frontal from the boss, it will always target a random player!

Avoid the ground Twisting Winds moving in slow motion untill you see Downburst being cast and looks like a white growing circle. To avoid getting hit and die by it you use the nearest Twisting Winds to knock yourself up in the air so that you can avoid the damage from the growing ring and the silence effect. Immunities and abilities like Blink work perfectly fine also to use to pass the edge and to get inside it!

Hopefully this info might help some and i wish you all a good weekend!

They are not. Being forced in old looking content is horrible. I want to play modern wow, otherwise I’d be playing classic.

polished aka make it much worse.

they even added stuff to underrot to make it more miserable while it was already an M+ dungeon to begin with.

Underrot feels fine though. It has a few issues that I’d like to see fixed, like Cragmaw adds bugging and instantly spawning all at the same spot, and spreading adds way too much while running over them is finnicky and doesn’t always work properly…

But other than that it feels just fine

Thats a bit of a lie. Actually, its outright bull.

Sure, they made a couple of minor tweaks that could be considered harder, but overall they nerfed the crap out of that dungeon.

Befouled Spirit

Bloodsworn Defiler

Chosen Blood Matron

• Warcry
    Cast frequency changed from 16s to 25s

Devout Blood Priest

Diseased Lasher

• Decaying Mind
    No longer recasts when stopped by non-interrupt abilities
    Cast frequency changed from 16s to 27s

Faceless Corruptor

Fallen Deathspeaker

Fanatical Headhunter

• Barbed Spear
    Cast frequency changed from 6s to 10s

• Hooked Snare

Feral Bloodswarmer

• Sonic Screech
    Cast frequency changed from 13s to 24s

• Thirst For Blood
    Cast frequency changed from 15s to 20s

Grotesque Horror

• Dark Echoes
    Ability added
    Interruptible
    No recast when stopped by non-interrupt abilities

• Void Spit
    Replaced Death Bolt
    5s cast frequency
    Interruptible
    No recast when stopped by non-interrupt abilities

Living Rot

• Wave of Decay
    No longer interruptible (now instant)
    Cast frequency changed from 16s to 27s

Reanimated Guardian

2 Likes

Well as you see many MMOs including WoW are making old content playable for max level.
Leaving old content unused is a waste of resources. There are so many things which can be used again. Time walking raids and dungeons are such examples. Mage tower is another. So having it in M+ is a nice change.
Having the same 10 dungeons for 2 years is just bad. Instead of that we can have up to 24 or 32 different dungeons depending if we have season 4 or not (8 per season)
I’d love to have more open world old stuff being upscaled to current patch.

it is undertuned but they added stuff to make it harder. they failed at tuning and now are scared to make it actually hard.

you think they added the last worm to make it easier?
surely not.

there was no reason to change underrot at all because it was already a m+ dungeon and in bfa it was actually one of the harder ones, mostly of course because of the bosses, which are still the hard part.

you seemingly dont understand the difference between nerfing abilities into the dirt and addings things that make it more annoying.
take original underot and add the stuff they did without nerfing the crap out of the abilities.

everyone knows underrot is currently very free. doesnt make the things they added less annoying from when it was not there obviously

the reason they nerfed all the interrupt requirements is obviously to include casters otherwise they would be benched 100% for this dungeon as bfas interrupt requirement in bfa was insane and it still is but now it is more matching caster cds. aside from that yes, the pathing is more annoying but luckily the mobs are not hitting hard anymore, but most likely not because blizzard wanted it to be easy rather them being bad at testing stuff

Vortex Pinnacle right now, from a strictly healer perspective, is unplayable because the mobs are severely overtuned and extremely spammy. There are packs in here that just cannot be dealt with cleanly even with 5 interrupts (1 ranged) and 2 displacement abilities.

On 18, I’ve had people get deleted midway through a pull because 2 casts from 2 windboys aligned perfectly; I’ve had tank panic-run mid-pull because suddenly they get whacked for 80% of their hp.

All 5 of us stand inside the dragon’s green circle that allegedly heals us for some amount, then the un-bolstered, un-enraged dragon just does his aoe and hits everyone for 170k-210k a tick which the green circle is absolutely useless for (why is it even there???!).

The 14-16 golden balls towards the end annihilate people even if I pre-hot everyone up and literally open the pull with Flourish then Convoke then Tranq - if those balls love someone, that player is dead unless they got immunities.

1st & 2nd boss were not a problem and are not hard but 1 mistake is very, very difficult to recover from on boss #2.

Last boss - the add straight up needs an hp & dmg nerf and also, Blizzard, don’t do an aoe that needs 90k hps then immediately target the healer with chain lightning that hits for 60-70% of my hp. There’s nothing bar Lay on Hands or using both Renewal & HP Pot that can save me.

What it must be like to live in your mind.

They listed a whole raft of stuff aimed at making it easier, and you said they failed at tuning and are scared to actually make it hard.

Please stahp.