VPN Connection Scenario

Hello,

Although it is somewhat already discussed, I am trying to figure out if the following scenario is OK in terms of ToS or anything else that might cause bans etc. As far as I now, proxies and VPNs are not supported but not against the rules, but want to make sure with the following scenario.

Every now and then, I experience lag and disconnections due to package drops caused by my internet connection. I have a server on the cloud, which i already have a VPN connection with (not work related, it’s a personal server). I checked the connection between my server and realm servers for a while and although it has slightly higher latency values, it’s much more consistent.

Would it be OK for me to query the IP addresses/networks of servers with Blizzard ASN (RADb, RIPE queries etc) and automatically route my connections to those IP addresses through VPN if a certain percentage of package drops occur?

A VPN always has the potential to cause issues and they cannot guarantee it won’t happen, though the terms of use themselves don’t exactly ban the use of a VPN to play (many people have said they were using one, especially during routing issues from their ISP/country, and I’ve never seen a blue outright stating it was banned).
Largely the problems arise when people use VPNs that are public/might have been used by individuals or organisations with less than honest intentions, as those do tend to get flagged by Blizzard.

Just want to add to that, as using a VPN or Proxy service in itself is not in violation of the terms of use. We appreciate there are circumstances when use of a proxy can be beneficial. As Nyshae mentioned though, such services are routinely used to hide the actions of Online Trading companies and by users attempting to operate exploitative third party programs. As such, we do not support the use of proxy services.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Thanks for your comments.

While I realize it is not supported, as I mentioned, it is not a service that I am paying for, unlike some services that uses 3rd party applications to route traffic of WoW executable. The server is purely my own and used by me and me only. It hosts some applications and I route some of my internet traffic through there, so I doubt it will be flagged.

Understanding that using a VPN is not against the terms of use, thanks to your comments, my main concern would be the that it might seem like I am quickly reconnecting from different IPs/countries as what I am going to do is monitor the connection between me and Blizzard’s network and routing the traffic to those IPs/networks automatically in case the connection quality is decreased.

Would an authenticator help with that case?