Vulpera broke the game for me

Hello, I just want to complain.

Yes, Vulperas really broke WoW for me.
Some time ago I made a topic when I complained about my struggle if I should play Vulpera or stick with Alliance. I decided to stick with Alliance but…it doesn’t work.

But from the start:
I am very in love with Alliance and didn’t like the Horde. I played only Alliance since I started with WoW. I am just one of this dedicated to one faction players. And I love Alliance even more since Anduin became a king.
But then Vulpera releas date annoucment comes out and I was…I was thrilled. Now I love Vulpera as much as Alliance.
I even Faction Changed my Worgen to quickly unlock Vulpera.

Now I can’t fully enjoy my game.

• When I play as Vulpera I feel bad because I’m in Horde.
  • When I play in Alliance I feel bad because I don’t play as Vulpera.

Few weeks now and I’m only hopping between Worgen and Vulpera and struggle ALL the time which one to play.
I think there’s no hope for me now. I just can’t choose one and I am very very sad and frustrated right now.

Can’t decide by guild or friends. I have none.

7 Likes

Imagine being this bothered over a game

49 Likes

Loosen up faction restrictions and give this person an alliance Vulpera.

20 Likes

But even this char you are posting with is horde

1 Like

I said I Faction Changed my Worgen to get Vulpera.

I don’t really see that this is the Vulpera breaking anything. You want to play a race that isn’t on the faction you want to play.

I would love a Gnome Paladin, they aren’t Horde and they can’t Pala but I don’t expect them to break the game in order to make that happen :wink:

16 Likes

Seriously? I can’t enjoy my game, I can’t even say I’m playing WoW anymore. I play Worgen for a while, then coming back to Vulpera. Then again going Alliance, then come back to Vulpera.
I’m stuck at infinit circle of choosing how to play. My highest lvl character (except this one) is 40 because of this and I playing hours per day from weeks. How you can say it isn’t broken for me at this rate? O.o

You are faced with a choice, embrace the race or embrace the faction.

17 Likes

Yeah, but the character you’re posting on is a level 120 Pandaren, which could have been either faction but you chose to go Horde. Something doesn’t add up here.

4 Likes

I would be member of raiding hall of fame if I’d just like to be Horde. 99% of my wow friendlist is horde. I have always had good connections on the red side, and I even have tried every now and then and I cannot. I do not like Horde. Their lore, their leading characters, their aesthetics, … i cannot.

And even if I’d be last alliance left I would stick on blues… even when I essentially and socially have shot myself deep in the foot.

5 Likes

That is not Blizzard fault tho, is just you not being able to choose something and stick with it.

And while I agree that sometimes people can have hard time choosing class, spec, race etc…, you have to understand that the problem is only yours.

Choose something and stick with it, If you enjoy vulpera make new friends in horde to play with or if you don’t wanna lose friends just go back to alliance and forget vulpera.

2 Likes

Just play both!

You can play two characters and even main them!! Infact with BFA and into shadowlands I reckon having at least one of on each faction is a good choice because the story is so different.

Also it’s just pixels!!

16 Likes

That’s because I needed to change race as well and I choose Pandaren?

1 Like

11 Likes

I don’t blame Blizzard for this. I’m just…sad.

Come again? Frozen Throne had some Broken but the draenei are largely just a WoW invention.

Yup.

then don’t play Vulpera? xD

I actually understand the issue and would have been in a similar boat if Vulpera could have been druids. Thankfully, they can’t be. I will not change my main (class) for any reason, so race-changing to Vulpera is not an option. I do have social ties on Alliance, and none on Horde, so I’d probably still have stayed with Alliance.

I also like my Worgen. Vulpera have really nice faces, the paws and tails are well-done, but they still strike me a bit as Goblins in a fursuit when you actually see them in the game.

In your situation, well, if friends or a guild are not factors at all, playing two characters is the best compromise. Not ideal, because you duplicate a lot of effort, play more, and don’t have a “home” (kind of like no identity), but the alternative is to quit the game, in which case you won’t play either.

I tried Horde a few times over the years, but I couldn’t connect and always went back within hours or days. If in doubt, play the worgen. Lack of a tail aside, it’s a good anthropomorphic model.

4 Likes

Horde isn’t THAT bad… I mean there are some good parts :sweat_smile:

Seems like you’re overthinking the hell out of this. You could always just flip a coin and decide to stick with whatever the result is.

Another thought here: It might be easier if you make some in-game friends on Horde or Alliance. It adds another dimension to the game and may make the decision easier. If you want a worgen friend on Alliance, I’d be happy to.