Wake Up macro not working

Anyone knows how to get a macro for the Wake Up skill that works ONLY when pet is under the effect of Play Dead?

I have been messing around, and searching online but both solutions I found aren’t working.
First: The spell Wake Up is meant to only work when the pet is under the effect of Play Dead, it is meant to be like that by default, but it isn’t how it is working. If I add /cast Wake Up to any macro (wanted to add to my Kill Command) it will still be cast and go on cooldown regardless of the state of my pet. So, is it a bug? Or did Blizz just say “screw it” and allowed it to be cast regardless of the state of the pet?

Second: Because the spell isn’t working as intended, apparently, an obvious solution would be /cast [@pet,dead] Wake Up, but the problem here is that for some reason the game does not recognize the [@pet,dead] conditional, despite several people recommending this conditional in wowhead and other places I checked.

Conclusion, I am stuck because apparently 2 things that should work, aren’t working.

Anyone knows a 3rd solution? Or should I just try to report it as a bug?

Well, all comments I can find along with a few macro guides say that it should work to include: /use Wake Up in your desired macro, as it will now only be used if the pet is under the effect Play Dead.

Having said that, if you make a macro that looks something like this:

#showtooltip Feign Death
/cast Feign Death
/cast Play Dead

It’s enough to hit that macro once to…well…feign death, and if you use it again, it will wake your pet up automatically, no modifiers needed.

That’s what I’m currently using and it works fine for me.

Exactly, but as I mentioned it doesn’t, so I am guessing it is bugged.

I have that, the thing is sometimes I forget to press it again to wake up the pet and when I remember I’m already far away, etc, and in BGs it can make a difference, that’s why I wanted the Wake Up on KC.
But I guess I’ll have to keep using that, if they don’t fix de ability.

May very well be, I’ve not tried that particular line in other macros.

1 Like

I use the same macro. Just gotta try and remember to hit it again to wake up your pet.

That’s the issue ahah. But it’s fine, we can’t shortcut our way into everything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.