Wand speed

Hi,

I’m aware of wands being nothing but stat sticks for casters these days. But I’m asking this question anyway since I just did the level 30-40 mage quest that rewards you with a wand.
I noticed that they no longer give spell power in their respective school now, but just spell power as a whole. However, their weapon speeds vary and I think certain mobs will be immune to the different magic schools (frost, fire and arcane).

Does wand speed matter if the DPS and stats are the same? And if you think “mob immunity”, which one of the wands is least restricted to this? Not that I will be using it much at all…

Thanks!

Tinkerfoot

The wand speed doesn’t really matter for anything levelling related. It 's just how big the damage chunks are. As a non-mage, you’d want a fast frost wand if you ever decided to do Viscidus in AQ40, but a mage can just cast Rank 1 frostbolt or ice lance.
As for immunity, you will be hard-pressed to find an arcane-immune mob anywhere before outland, and by then you would probably replace the wand with another one from Honor Hold quest.

1 Like

Thanks, Nicolay!

I ended up running with the arcane wand after asking my girlfriend which one she liked the most. I really should just do this every time hehe.

That’s a win-win situation right there! :wink:

Interestingly, I once had my wife try retail wow for a bit just for the fun of it, when I reactivated my sub right before Classic. She knew literally nothing about the game, other than it’s a fantasy game where you play with other real people. Ended up picking a human male tank monk (I don’t even recall the name of the spec, earth something I guess?) which I found mildly interesting from a psychological standpoint.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.