Want to get back into RP properly again

So…I’ve Rped roughly since WOTLK, Scarshield Legion for a few years and moved to AD about 3 years ago,

The past couple years Ive been in various places in a couple small RP guilds from Entry rank, officer & GM for short periods of time… which has recently come to an end.

I have that real itch for RP again but don’t really know -what- I want, but don’t want to wander SW or other hubs looking for RP all the time, I guess im looking for that sense of community, and to see whats out there.

I’m scrapping my existing character as he’s just burnt out for me, and im starting fresh hoping that it contributes to rekindling my love for RP, and doesnt just feel like nostalgia glasses again.

The character Idea I have is something more Northern Eastern Kingdoms background, I’ve recently sunk my teeth into TV shows like Vikings and love the asthetic (Also a huge Skyrim fan), so something a little rough around the edges in terms of Guilds would be pretty cool.

I guess the purpose of this post is to see whats out there? Who’s RPing where, who’s enjoying what, give me hope that RP is alive and thriving out there somewhere! <3

3 Likes

Hello,

I hope you find the guild and community you’re looking for.

One thing you could consider, some food for thought, is being such a character, but as an Undead. The trope you’re looking for is not an uncommon one, and reading what you put it struck me that it might be interesting if it was approached from the otherside of the North. Just a random thought, regardless I hope you find what you’re looking for!

2 Likes

Hey Garatt - it’s really cool to see you’ve found a rekindled interest in some epic RP

My recommendation (definitely not biased…) would be the Sunnyglade Ratters. We’re a free company that is, as you claim to be looking for, “a little rough around the edges”. Despite this, the Ratters live by a strong sense of professionalism, renowned for “always finishing a contract” and getting the job done whatever it might take. A lot of our roleplay is based in the Eastern Kingdoms (our most common race is, as you might expect, humans), though we do venture beyond there from time to time. Northrend, as an example, is a place we’ve visited a few times now - something you might like given your interests.

If you’re interested - now or later - then don’t be shy to get in contact with one of the two officers, either myself or Heldric. A link to our forum thread can be found here:

6 Likes

I have the same issue of wanting to get back into RP and being rather … yea.

Everybody tells me though: “Find people to be around and you’ll never be bored”. Which sounds easy enough until you try.

Anyway! Concept sounds fun. Duskwood is always lively if you wanna try it. Guilds… I dunno. I don’t know of any else I’d suggest one!

Best of luck getting back into things.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.