Want to reduce heat of my laptop CPU-> settings?

Hi all, i play on a laptop and it gets quite warm while playing WoW BFA, especially my CPU- 85-97 degrees. I know this is a issue with laptops, but i was curious if reducing/ improving settings can help to lower temperature. (when it runs only with chrome a spotify idle temperature is 55 degrees)

Specs (laptop): Cpu 8300h, 1060 3gb, 16gb (2x8 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM).
Monitor: 1920x1080 max 60 fps and g-sync

I play on recommended settings 5/10 at the moment.

Any thoughts/ help/ advice is appreciated.

Thnx in advance,

Nemdraz

55C on idle is bit high. I would check the radiator and fans if dust didn’t clogged them. Use some compressed air / vacuum cleaner if needed. Also a cooling pad could help a bit lowering the temp by few degrees (usually).

1 Like

I just cleaned my fans (have this laptop now for 2 years) and noticed a small piece of plastic was stuck between one fan and my casing.
I now have better temperatures and alot less sound from my fans:
gpu 41 degrees and cpu 40 degrees (while in the charger). Thnx for the tip :slight_smile:

This helped alot i think, is there any way/ website/ video to find optimal settings in wow for my laptop specs?

The game for the most part will be CPU bound. If you want to get the max quality without sacrificing to much FPS you could try higher modes like 7 or up and then manually lower some settings like shadows quality and some particles effects to ease the GPU - you got to a spot, increase the settings, the FPS drop but tuning down some settings will bring some/most of them back. Usually view distance and details level have biggest impact on immersion while other effects can be sacrificed for better performance.

I have some benchmarks and articles:

https://rk.edu.pl/en/troubleshooting-and-reporting-wow-technical-problems/#7

While Hardware Numbers does a lot of PC testing and benchmarking:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVTvrgSgjmEruGyyTclpq2w/videos

1 Like

Since you’ve checked the air vents, the only other thing to suggest is buying a Laptop cooler that sits underneath your laptop and uses a USB port to power the fans underneath as it will blow cool air into the intake holes under the laptop.

He cleaned it and it solved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.