War Mode - A middle finger?

A big middle finger to PVE players? Discuss.

Don’t use it if you don’t like it,

but man do I love to stomp on some backpeddling, keyboard turning clickers.

Keep it on PvErs

5 Likes

Monks have stomp?

Don’t want pvp? WM off.

2 Likes

your saying warmode is a middle finger to pve? Pve has given the pvp community the middle finger and the upper cut from the other hand swiftly after for years

3 Likes

I’ll have to check with support first just to make sure I’ve turned it off correctly.

You do that :slight_smile:

How is it not a middle finger to pve players? And since when has pve given the pvp community the middle finger? You had your servers, we had ours right?

Talking from a gearing persepctive here not servers and if thats what you ment then i have misunderstood your post

How is it a middle finger to PVE players?

You said discuss - ok, start the discussion by stating why you feel that way.

Where would you like me to start? The pvp talents? Or the xp boost? Neither of which players who don’t have war mode enabled (pve players), get.

1 Like

Yes please

The first post is just not providing anything to discuss :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

PvE players don’t take the risk of pvp in wm, therefore don’t need the benefits of wm. Take the risk, get the benefits. Risk v reward. In pve, there is no risk, therefore no need for extra reward.

The bonus is compensation for extra wm gy walks. The talents are to help in the extra combat. In pve there is no risk, no extra combat, no extra gy walks.

5 Likes

Which is the exact reason why it’s a big middle finger to pve players isn’t it. You don’t play pvp, you don’t get any rewards. So if someone isn’t very good at pvp and doesn’t feel comfortable being flagged for wpvp they get to miss out on those ‘rewards’ don’t they.

The extra is for gy walks? lol. So that’s why alliance get 25% and horde 10%?

They miss out on something they don’t need. The wm extras are for pvp. Not pvping? Don’t need em. They can get a pvp talent with an essence if needed so bad. They can prob pve faster wm off, negating the bonus.

10% is baseline both get for pvp delays. Alliance get an additional 15% on top of that for wm on encouragement. Without the outnumbered bonus, Horde would find themselves more often on single faction overflow shards. Also, that situation would worsen over time, potentially unrepairable.

Which must be the reason why, on Alliance heavy servers it’s the same 25%… :thinking: :roll_eyes:

I understand that BFA is a lot about horde vs alliance. The reason for putting in war mode is to try and make that feel more if you get what i mean. It is a ham fisted way of doing it and in practice it very much feels like a disadvantage to non pvp players rather than a bonus to pvp’ers.

War mode is now standard mode and anyone without it on is at a disadvantage. What was wrong with the world pvp areas that there used to be in other expansions that allowed those who are interested to pvp without annoying everyone else. You can even give extra xp for those areas i don’t mind. But the whole game having war mode available seems crazy. I had to turn it off in pandaland as I was constantly being ganked by lvl 120’s. How is that fun, how is that not a broken mechanic and how is that not sticking the middle finger up to pve players.

There are so many ways war mode could be fixed. Why not introduce scaling against players, get rid of honor if you kill a player more than 5 lvls of you or even loose honor for killing players too far below your lvl.

The funny thing is the one area i don’t want war mode on is in BFA as i want to lvl slowly and experience all the areas and content.

EDIT: Also to say pve players don’t need the pvp talents is rubbish. Some of them are a great bonus to pve content.

2 Likes

Only matters on rp realms which I assume are a wm minority. Ideally rp wm shards would have their own bonus calculation. Problem with that is, on normal shards, good if more Alliance wm on - but on rp shards, rp players would likely not be happy about an influx of ‘normal’ players joining their shard purely for bonus. Or shard hopping to rp shards for extra bonus. What we have now is least worst, affecting a minority.

PvP talents are to help with extra combat in wm. No extra combat in pve.

So are you trying to say that the pvp talents have no use in PVE? Is that what you’re getting at? I really hope not.

No he isn’t.

But tell me why do you need an extra pvp talent in pve? :slight_smile:

1 Like