War Mode is hilarious. Share your stories

Turning that little switch on in your capital city completely changes the game. Once you do, anything can happen, and I love it.
So I’m grinding my ally character at Redridge Mountains, and a quest takes me to the Inn located in Lakeshire.
I notice there’s bodies littering the pier and inside the buildings. This, what seems to be, a new player asks in general, “why are there corpses and skeletons everywhere?”. Seriously, not a few seconds later this orc rogue appears behind him and obliterates him like something from a machinima then focuses on me. A minute later he writes back in general, “Nevermind, I understand now”.
When the timing is that perfect you can’t even be mad.

7 Likes

Denying a bubble-hearthing Paladin their escape with Magic Banana was very amusing. He incorrectly judged my idling as an easy AFK win. When he mounted upon respawn I allowed him to gain some good altitude and hit him with the All-Seer’s Eye toy. Instant dismount, with a complimentary demonic whisper.

That’s probably my favourite experience. Though, there is some fun to be had with mid-level players around Hellfire Peninsula’s pvp towers. Go to experience their reactions rather than to kill.

5 Likes

Haha, I love it when things get creative

2 Likes

As a death knight you have an abillity to copy your target’s next abillity that uses mana

Zandilari troll bubbled & used racial and did alot of rude /emotes on me

So after his bubble i got low, so i bubbled with a copied bubble & used dalaran heartstone while he was frustratly hitting the bubble

I still laugh at it to this day

6 Likes

The fact you aggravated a ret paladin makes this story even better xD

4 Likes

Fun part was that he had still lay on hands, 100% health & i was at 22% without any survivabillity left ( Because i wasn’t that good back then )

2 Likes

Man, I remember my very first PvP encounter. It was in Pandaria against a ret paladin. I couldn’t understand why I couldn’t hit him… he was using divine shield, BoP, then LoH to heal to full. Eventually he stopped toying with me and cut me down in a few shots.
Hated them ever since. So your c*ck blocking story makes me very happy.

2 Likes

Two this week:

I was doing the Wrathion quest line today when I get to Tavern in the Mists. As soon as I get to the zone, I see sevaral Horde and zero Alliance. A little nervous, I go inside and suddenly I’m being hit from behind by a Mage.

“Gah! I’m gonna get ganked!” I think, so I run outside the other door and round the corner still getting hit by the Mage’s ranged attacks. The Mage appears and has… 120k max hit points and he’s all on his own. So, I stun + wings + Essence + trink and he’s dead in like 3 seconds. Really, what was he thinking?

Earlier in the week I was soloing a Rare in Mechagon when a bunch of Horde turn up to gank me and reset the Rare. Their timing was great, as I had Bubble ready to go and all my offensive cool downs had just reset. So, I just stand there beating the Rare to death while all the many Horde attacks bounce off me. They were so annoyed they killed me, waited for me to rez and then killed me again before flying off. :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol hey, you gotta give him points for at least giving it a go. True hero of the horde.

I like this. Killing the rare right in front of them while they tap on your bubble. Mechagon is absolutely chaotic when it comes to rares, and some of them take forever to spawn. No wonder they were miffed xD

Short story but unironically its how most days play out, i was turning quests in. The battle for nazjatar procced. We almost immediately received 3-4 seconds of delay on just NPC interaction and took the portal back to Boralus since it was still fairly early into 8.2 where it was people more so zerging the main bases for the participation kill than it was zerging the control points.

The hilarious part in it all, idk i just thought it was funny since it went from being a one off to being the norm and its 8.2.5 now and its still not fixed.

1 Like

Heh, yeah it’s still like that now. It feels more like a bridge fight than anything, where people just clash on that platform between the two bases and forget about everything else

I have a hilarious story about myself dying even if melee sneeze on me, so while I’m trying to delay that inevitability and kite - I still die 10 out of 10 times due to 1 billion mobs chainpulling on my a$$ because the mob density in BfA is exactly 1 mil. per square milimeter.

Hahaha.

2 Likes

Nazjatar was even worse. Honestly, when it first dropped I didn’t think I was going to make it out alive. I remember spending all my cooldowns on a single mob, only to realise there was another 4 of them tapping me on the shoulder from behind xD

1 Like

Yup, this is my fav thing to do in all of wow. Before I had my banana, it was always a concern when ganking a paladin, will they bubble hearth?! Now I hope they do!

Net is more frequently used, but that’s my other fav thing. For example, opponent manages to mount and escape, but then comes back to hover near you, not realizing they can be netted, then… bam! Down they come. Love moments like that!

2 Likes

I love the net. I impose an no-fly zone around any elite I’m waiting to spawn. Flying Horde gets too close and out comes the net.

1 Like

New story!

Today I was afking in Refuge Pointe (Arathi Highlands), and I watched a few low level hordies fall into it only to get destroyed by guards, resurrect, then get killed again before they made it out.
It was like a sinkhole for stupid and I loved every minute of it.

For those who don’t know, Refuge Pointe is the base of operations for Alliance in central Arathi Highlands. It’s like a giant hole in the ground, so once you fall into it, you have to run to the slope on the other side to get out xD

1 Like

I kept dying often so I started to avoid War Mode. Then I figured I could just use it earlier during the day when some zones are less crowded and do professions or casually questing in the evening.

Didn’t help because I died to yet another Prot paladin when he just seemingly materialized out of nowhere and then ten minutes later I died to a rogue who surprised me. Then I realised I’m not paying enough attention to my surroundings and also changed some of my PvP talents.

Lo and behold! The next day another rogue suprised me, lucky for me we were fairly evenly matched. We accidentally pulled some elemental creatures and both were close to death. I Heroic Leaped away and noticed the elementals were still close to the rogue. I mercifully Charge-Executed him out of his misery, finished off the elementals and quickly fled to lick my wounds.

Today I was gathering Azerite because the disembodied voice of Magni told me to do so. I saw something red from the corner of my eye and ah, an Alliance druid is hovering above me. A couple seconds later he attacks me in cat form and luckily again, we are fairly evenly matched. He then vanished after maybe ten seconds, I hope becaue I didn’t go down so easily and not because he disconnected… wouldn’t be much of a heroic survival story for me, would it? Anyway, didn’t beat him but felt good. I’ve learned a lot during this weekend.

2 Likes

I once did a pvp with a paladin and didnt die, it was epic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.