War Within Class Tuning Incoming – 4 September

In order to achieve some semblance of balance between Mage specs in PvE content, in addition to the tuning notes posted above, you need to:

• Aura buff Fire by 10%
  • Aura nerf Arcane by 10%

On topic of Living Bomb, while it has likely reached the desired AoE throughput when fully invested into it, single target output remains practically non-existent.
The easy way to address this is to buff the Convection talent to around 500% (five hundred percent) increased effectiveness when bomb is applied to only one target.

2 Likes

Aight it’s live on US and BM aoe is still :hot_face: when wild call is on cd

The buff did not even get applied for some reason.
Besides, no one plays pack leader anyway as it’s around 7.5ish % behind dark ranger.

So even if it did it would have no real effect…NVM it just got hot fixed in.

Either way it wont do much we will need quite a bit more then that to fix our dog water aoe

Somnøck — Aujourd’hui à 11:06

03/09/24 avant équilibrage pour Chef de meute
04/09/24 équilibrage avec même stuff même talents

Sur papier c’est pire… équilibrage par des déséquilibrés ?
Raidbots
Top Gear - Somnock - 864,742 DPS - Raidbots

Raidbots
Top Gear - Somnock - 864,535 DPS - Raidbots

Flèche sombre est toujours largement dessus… mais je ne comprends pas pour quoi c’est encore descendu alors qu’il n’y avait aucun équilibrage pour ça ! “sur papier” Hier 935K aujourd’hui
Raidbots
Top Gear - Somnock - 924,828 DPS - Raidbots

[11:18]
Blizzard Biizzard pffff / comme en entreprise s’il n y pas de démission il faut virer des gens là…

In English : Nothing has changed or rather it’s even worse !!!

Unfortunately, no, it´s still so laugably bad that it´s more cosmetic than anything else. We still either go for either ignite cleave, or a flamestrile build for heavy AE , Living Bomb isn´t even on the map, for the 3rd expansion in a row I might add… It was fun to be able finally to run it again during prepatch, but it´s been gone again ever since release.

So essentially in practice fire got a 5% buff to pyroblast and that´s it, so like a 0.5 - 1% overall buff, on a class that was ~30% behind the median across all classes, unless the fight lasted 12 seconds or less. and the stacking pyroblast buff will only balance that out to “semi-average but still sub-par Dps” on a fight that lasts at least 3-4 minutes

After almost 20 years of maining fire and nothing else, through thick and thin, it looks like this will be the first raid tier where I don´t play mage at all because I despise playing arcane and always have, and don´t want to gimp my guild’s chances by doing less damage than the holy priests.

2 weeks of preparation basically down the drain, just to now switch classes 1 week before heroic and have to go full sweatlord to hopefully gear up in time… Doesn´t feel good at all…