War Within collectors edition question

Not sure if this should be in another forum group, but anyway:

So I’ve bought the collectors edition, am I right in thinking that the in game items you get with it won’t be available until I use some code that I presumably get with it? I used my battle.net account login during the purchase so I kind of assumed I’d get them immediately like someone who got the digital edition would.

Also, with the CE I should get beta and early access, so I assume blizzard will email me about the beta / my battle.net wow acccount I purchased the CE under will hai access for the 3 early days?

I’m worried about all these as the CE isn’t available until December!

This question popped up in another thread but yes it will not be available until you get the CE:

As of now there’s no additional info. Ticketing CS will not yield a different answer.

Some other questions were also answered in that thread if you had them :>

2 Likes

Thank you for this info!

1 Like

Hi, I’m stumbled to this problem this week also, welcome aboard!

It seems like if you want to use digital bonus items before CE will arrive (or even just play the expansion if CE will arrive after TWW release), you are forced to buy extra digital copy of the game. When CE finally arrived, you enter the code inside the package, and cost of this extra digital copy will be refunded to your BattleNet account.

Important trick part: Blizzard will NOT refund you real money to your bank balance, only to BattleNet account balance. So this money will stay at Bliz side forever, because you will be able to spend them only on BattleNet products anyway.

P.S. I personally find this pratice anti-consumer and scammy, but it is what it is - Blizzard is not on your side, they just need your money. The more the better.

I think it was good what they did with Diablo IV - you purchase the box and the game separately. I thought this is the way forward but WoW still follows the old-fashioned way - the game key inside the box. I wish they went old-school all the way and included install DVDs.

1 Like

Nah, DVDs are too modern, we need hundrends of 3½-inch floppy disks in the package!

Datasette is better