War Within Rider of the Apocalypse - Mounted Delves?

Gents, simple question;

Does anyone know, did anyone try it in the Alpha or see someone try it in the alpha? Can The Rider of The Apocalypse stay mounted inside delves or not. It’d mean I either grab a DK for the Expansion or not most likely. Anyone knows for sure?

I haven’t tried but from the current description sounds like a no.

The talent will work only outdoors. You then have the other talent which works everywhere, but that essentially replaces Death’s Advance.

2 Likes

i hope Blizzard will change this, limiting it for outdoor content is bad and can create feel bad moments were you forget to swap talent whit the other one, what blizzard should do whit the perma mount should be that while indoor your mount run at normal running speed 100% but our passive [on a pale horse] should increase the run speed of our combat mount up to 120% movement speed, but if other sources of running speed buffs are used [on a pale horse] wont stack whit them, so if you use [death’s advance] it wont be 20%+35% it will simply be 135% mounted running speed whit [death’s advance] or other similar running speed effects increasing the movement speed higher than [on a pale horse].

this is what i think Blizzard should do whit our combat mount, and also they should absolutely add new attack animation for our melee swings and spell attack swings.

1 Like

I’d love to see new mounted combat animation but something is telling me that won’t happen… Animation is very taxing aspect of game dev after all. Last time they touched combat animation was the Legion prepatch revamp I think… Would be lovely for sure.

As per your point on the ability itself I love the idea of being able to constantly ride the mount everywhere but I have the impression is going to end up looking so odd after a while. Even if we use just the death charger (revamp this mount whilst we’re at it) imagine in raids all the players are on foot and we’re on mounts haha… Something about the execution of this idea that just doesn’t quite sit right and I can’t really put my finger on it.

1 Like

that’s why we are the commanders and they are not :wink:

2 Likes

Yes dk is WoW not hunter or mage
WoW got fame because of dk

2 Likes

Yo true… Most famous characters got to be daddy lich king and Illidan.

1 Like

It is understandable that the perma mount works only in outdoors because otherwise it would be quite op to run double speed when compared to other classes.

Anyhow, I think ‘On a Paler Horse’ is still a good and useful talent. Moreover, you can easily swap the talent to ‘Death Charge’ when playing indoors. Death Charge is basically Death’s Advance with steroids.

I am personally happy that DKs are getting extra movement speed. That is more than welcome.

1 Like

If you ask me, these are the only 2 talents I’m excited about in this tree. Rest of it is either real dull no worth of the name “hero” talent, boring rng sums, or very D&D focused, which as far as I remember, they’re looking to overhaul that so hard to judge.

So disappointing…like literally who’s gonna use a ground mount outside when you can fly…just reduce the movement speed from 100% to 15% while in a dungeon or raid and make undead mounts like the king’s rest raptor, baron’s, shadowlands charger and other undead mounts work indoors only, just add a glyph for mount cosmetics or adjust the code to enable specific undead mounts work inside instances.

1 Like

You can benefit mounted combat when questing, farming mobs, fighting world bosses and participating open world events for example. Perhaps it is not amazing but at least nice to have extra imo.

If DKs could utilize mounting everywhere then there would not be any use for running anymore. Moreover, combat animations are designed for ground combat. Even I think that enabling indoor mounting and decreasing the indoors speed to 15 % (or something like that) sounds interesting, this could still be quite strong.

counter point, Rider is an option and so is the talent for mounted combat, as i see it Blizzard should make the horse work in indoor whit it being reduced to normal running speed, what should then happen should be that on a pale horse increase the run speed of the combat horse up to 120% run speed, but this should not stack whit other movement increasing effect’s.

I just think regardless of speed bonuses, and where this talent can be used, the whole idea is clunky as hell…

The talent that enhances DA, sure all good, it’s basically a better version of divine steed for DKs.

No form of perma mount is going to feel good during some contexts. Yes it will helpful in higher density mob outdoor zones for farming… That’s about it… Even if we get it indoors but at a reduced speed, it’s eventually going to feel bad.

• Firstly it is highly unlikely they recreate mounted combat animations just for DKs.
  • Secondly, if speed increase won’t stack with other buffs, it will end up being a problem in boss fights where coordinated movement is important and requires spells like roar.
  • Thirdly, if they permit it indoors, it’s going to absolutely suck having bloody Tauren dks mounting in tight corridors like Waycrest Manor…

I get what they’re going for, I was real excited about it when they first announced them, but the execution is just straight up wrong.

Look at the absolute winning Hero talents atm… Templar Paladins, Voidweaver Priests, Sunfury Mages. Why are they so much better than most other Hero specs so far? Strong fantasy, that is well reflected through its gameplay and design.

Mind you it’s still Alpha so we’ve got plenty of time for iteration. I doubt they’re going to change the entire theme or name of any Hero spec, but ROTA defo needs to go back to the design table.