Warband Quest Progression - An Option to Consider

I love questing. This is the reason I started playing again very recently. But while I love doing it for the first time, I hate doing it again. Also, the feeling to fly over a zone or visit a place I “cleared out” is awesome.

The first time I heard about this feature was yesterday and I immidiately rushed to the “quest progression” part of the post of this new feature and unfortunately I couldn’t find the thing I would have loved this feature the most for: account shared quest progression.

The optional exploration part is awesome, as well as the shared flight path things. But why no option for quests too?

The system is already made this way to recognize quests that are already completed (they are explaining it with the new “first reward” system), so its not like it would be a case by case situation to make COMPLETED quests also completed on characters with a similar or the very same option they plan to do with map exploration.

Nothing confusing here, no spaghetti code problem. Just give us a “toy” that turns each completed quest on character X completed on character Y.

I would love to make an other character if they’d do that. Otherwise it would be still confusing as hell to track progression among multiple characters (for example, the currency part is still dumb in my opinion), so in that case I’ll stick with only one character.

1 Like

I think that would be a bit far, personally. There are some quests with a skip, especially ones that unlock a feature, once completed on your first toon.

I’ve not seen anything to suggest that questing will be completed on one character and unavailable to the next. That would make the game grind to a halt for most altoholics.

What they did say is that you can progress achievements on any character and flightpaths will be discovered on all.

The OP specifically stated that there should be a toy, or from my own pov any additional step you can take to enable quest progress sharing i.e. it wouldn’t be default, it would be something you opt in to per character. So for one alt you can decide to share quest progress but on another you may want to replay quests etc.

I’m an advocate of this being a feature, as I’ve stated previously. Blizzard are saying things like “alts are the future” and “the casual gamer/midcore audience has been under-served”. This proposal is another step in that direction.

I really do wish that the community just realise that different people want different things but we all share a passion for the game. You may love Mythic Raiding, PvP or pushing Mythic+ keys into the high 20’s but a huge portion of the community do not. Serving an array of tastes results in one thing, more players = more money for blizzard and this is a good thing for every player.

1 Like

I am fully with you on this one! I really really wish they would implement this feature in The War Within.

I have a character on whom I made a Loremaster, but I don’t play it anymore. And it’s so frustrating that on my current main I can’t access, see and feel all the progress I’ve already made.

For example, on my previous character I can fly around old locations and actually see that they are “cleared out” which gives me a sense of completeness and achievement knowing that my character has been there, done it all and respected by locals haha.

Also some quest chains grant you access to certain features like portals in BfA, access to raids and legendary items. I really don’t feel like I want to go through the same adventures again.

So my point here, I would like all progress to be shared among characters with an option of course to either do or skip/hide the quests ( all of them ) that have been completed.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Exactly, it is about respecting player’s progress and time. Time not just because a lot of the current WoW community is probably more on the older than younger range of age brackets with real life commitments but also because the gaming landscape has changed over the past 20 years. A lot of people play a variety of games now and not just dedicate all of their time to one game.

1 Like

Yes, agree! Even though WoW is still my number #1 game, I am freaking 30 years old lol and have some real life commitments, which means a lack of time.

I am both hands up for a hopefully easy to implement solution for Blizzard to just add another Warband toy that syncs all quest progress among characters.

PS: Guys who read this, please do support this topic, so that it would be visible to game developers - share your opinion. Do you agree that it would be a good quality of life addition or not?

1 Like