Warcraft 3 is 22 years old today (in us)

Im feeling old. I srill remember the shock at the culling mission. Or the comehome cutscene.
Memories of yours?

2 Likes

The final mission where you juts have to hold Archimonde at bay was pretty cool. That was a great culmination to the campaigns.

2 Likes

Psh, youngin’

I still remember playing on the Atari 2600 like it was yesterday.

1 Like

yes… i still remember when it was brand new… with thrall always sayin “gli spiriti sono silenti (italian)” every time i moved him. I feel a lot older now…

I remember the tower defense mission of tft blood elf campaign…
mostly because I played it yesterday I found a pre reforging installation it was pretty based (yes I own a key of og wc3)

And still… you have to rely on damn 3rd party resources to get the last patches for the compact non-refounded version.

One of history’s greatest games and you can’t reasonably get it anymore.

I played it in german and still remember “Für meinen Vater den König!” everytime you moved Arthas. :older_man:

2 Likes

Did the background on your box also display a necropolis with blue water? Strangely random question i know. Still always been confused why the box i had showed a in-game necropolis but the water was blue and there was a pool under it.

Had something similar with a pokemon sapphire game as well, where the box contained a scene that never existed.

Edit: Found the damn image of it!

WHY IS IT WATER! This is an official cover >.<

i used to play alot of warcraft 3 at lan parties back in 2004-2005. good times.

a Costum map called “Enfo” comes to mind.

Still amazing how timeless the graphics in that game was. Yeah stuff had like 5 polygons but still.

Arthas storyline will never be topped they did the right thing by ditching any storyline they had planned for him in the shadowlands his legacy lives on.

Im sure if metzen got to see what they really had planned for him in the shadowlands he would have sat the team down and gave them a lesson.

Bought reforged shouldve prob get around to finishing the story at some point. Think I finished the undead one maybe orc can’t remember.

It was a high enough version to have all the rexxar campaign missions atleast, thats good enough for me

Too low for the true widescrean resolution changes but I’ve decided to be happy with what I found.

If its just to know the story and you have no nostalgia to the old graphics then reforged is fine honestly
Most of the backlash was over promises not kept like extra lore that was more in line with chronicles but the campaigns are instead unchanged and the original ones were good so yeah
in the end it was just an expensive reskin but if you own it, no reason to not play it, its still WC3

i admit i prefer the old one char portrait. but maybe is because im an old f@rt :smiley:

Never played the original only reason I bought it was to play the story. I started in wrath so had minimal connection to the prior story even if I’ve learned most of it ib recent years. I also wanted the mount and other extras so felt worth it. Same reason I usually buy digital deluxes now. Think I finished the undead campaign and might have made it to Kalimdor when I stopped or was dealing with trolls can’t remember tbh

Yeah there’s the orc campaign after the undead and finally the night elven campaign

if you like the lore in general its worth it, some big moments happen both in the orc campaign and the nelf campaign that come after the undead campaign, I won’t spoil much (even if you probably already know the outcomes of everything from WoW)

I mostly remember when it died.

in the orc mission where you have the base very distant from gold mine with nelves archers hunting your peons almost 20 times.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.