Warcraft Around The World 🌍

im from germany :slight_smile:

1 Like

USSR, temporary called Russian Federation ( marketing reasons )

I prefer English client, I am regular pleb in RF

1 Like

the deep jungles of sweden.

1 Like

I like your meatballs!

Yes. Yes it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Those are Finnish meatballs! Don’t know why, when or how the swedes stole them from us :rofl: :pray:

1 Like

Hahaha well then i like your meatballs xD

1 Like

I love the literature. I -LOVE IT-. I mean who else but Tolstoy could write a character who you hate because he is such a douche to his wife, who is just lovely, and yet you kind of love, because, he is actually a big damned war hero, and yet still, for reasons even -he- doesn’t understand, a douche towards his wife, even though she is nothing but lovely…to everyone…! And as for complexity, only Dostoyevsky could write a murder mystery novel (The Brothers Karamazov) without mystery, but adding mystery when it seemed to be solved! We all knew who the killer was from the first chapter, most of the -characters- knew who the killer was, right at the start. How the heck does Fyodor Mikhailovich manage to make not just a whole story out of it, but one that is compelling to read? Just How?

2 Likes

Thank you, Brigante!
That’s probably the very best possible approach to discuss our homelands!
We haven’t chose them, they usually have complex and long history.
But if one can’t accept his country’s history one is lying to itself :sunglasses:

Funny part about our literature is that we study it at the age of 10-14, when in my opinion we can’t fully appreciate the genius of the author. So it’s a good reminder for me to re read it. But may be in English translation this time, cause I really like the language.

1 Like

I actually agree on that. I am actually fiercely patriotic, I signed up voluntarily for our armed forces (We have no draft here) and, I am, actually really proud of Britain. Now the thing people then expect is “Enger-land-Enger-land” chanting, But that’s not the Britain I am proud of. I was one of the 48% I love my country, but I thought it was better within the EU than outside it, but that’s a side issue. I am rather disgustingly that villain of Twitter or Reddit, being male, white, straight and yet I have no truck with racism, sexism or anything of the sort, and British is a gathering of nations, not a skin colour, not a religion, its where you choose to live, no matter where you were born…

To Paraphrase the Peons “Me not that type of Brit!”

I know my nation did bad, and I recognise that, I also know that it did good, and that’s the bits I take pride in…

Every nation on the planet is the same.

Skipping aside the serious matter, “YES!” Studying language at school can be so frustrating, they took two of the greatest works of literature of my nation and placed them on a table like a frog to be dissected, and I hated it. I absolutely -Hated- English Literature as a school subject, because of how it was taught, now however, I love it, Some of the greatest works of literature are utterly ruined by teachers, not because they are bad at teaching, but because they are told how to teach it.

I mean how, how could you get across the sheer majesty and heart pounding emphasis of the St Crispin’s Day Speech from Henry V? How could you get the sheer venom and anger in just the simple worlds of “You are the Steam from the Bath house wall” from The Brothers Karamaov. You have to read the story, poem or play, in full, to actually -get- it!

That’s a reminder, The Brothers K are next on my re-reading list. I love that novel so much…

1 Like

Heard this one from the ladies quite a few times.

3 Likes

I hail from the country where Tauren are turned into Biltong, For those not knowing where Biltong comes from: South Africa

2 Likes

Jou yster!

Best biltong ever!

1 Like

We practically live on Biltong at LARP events in the UK, Biltong and Jerky, and tea/coffee, gin and spite…

Its actually perfect LARP food for weekend long events, you just keep it in your pouch around your belt, it tastes good, its full of energy, it is already dried, so it won’t go off, and its just easily transportable. Biltong is proper amazing…

2 Likes

It’s simply the best! :notes:

1 Like

Why am I only just now told about this wonderful culinary invention?

1 Like

Oh! Oh! Oh! That reminds me of this evergreen

2 Likes

I accidentally bought an extra bag of toilet paper before everything went nuts forgetting I had enough, so I am good for another month.

2 Likes

Hehehe nice xD

I have an idea to make an alt char Toiletpaper with guild name ( Out of Stock ) to sell boosts for gold.

7 Likes