Warcraft movie sequel?

They can also freeze their minds, causing their thoughts to become disrupted.

Whereas warriors will just punch you in the face.

1 Like

Wasn’t the movie a flop in the west?

Budget - 160 mil
Box office - 433 mil

47 mil in the U.S
100 mil in China
The rest in Europe, ect.

1 Like

Why aren’t they making another?

It needed to make 450 mil for Hollywood to consider it worth it, while making it’s invested money back.

Hollywood doesn’t make much sense, really.

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s a shame. I didn’t like the movie but that may be more because it didn’t include any of the races/factions I care about

Peter Jackson should make the Movie … He knows how to tell a story .

The Warcraft - movie was sadly bad and really disappointing.

1 Like

That’s the problem, they were focusing only on Warcraft 1, so there would only be Orcs and Humans.
It’s a real surprise we even saw Draenei.

But I agree and so did the director who was an avid warcraft fan. He wanted to have Tauren but couldn’t because it didn’t make story sense.

1 Like

Tauren didn’t make sense but Draenei did? - wat.

I honesty didn’t spot a Draenei when watching it, but that’s weird.

Who do you think powered the portal?

They introduced the Draenei as prisoners at the start of the movie on Draenor, only to then drain their life and use it to power the Dark Portal.

3 Likes

Ah that does make sense. I dunno man, I would have liked to see it done totally different. I understand they had to tell the story for it to make any sense to newcomers to the franchise, of course yeah. But man the start is a bit dull. Plus Warcraft is such a huge expansive universe they could just pull a Star Wars and start anywhere, they fan out with sequels and prequels.

Very poorly done imo

I loved that movie so much, I’d be down for another one… I’d watch any movie Warcraft!

1 Like

Starwars has been out for 42 years and is only now getting to it’s 9th movie.

Unless they really had a plan for the Warcraft movies, they would feel really disjointed and confusing based on Timelines.

They also had the “Videogame Curse” and LOTR comparisons to deal with.

For the hand they were dealt, this was a very good outcome to be honest.

1 Like

I loved the movie. I went in for the fan service and I got fan service. It’s simple.

You have not seen the greasy strangler !

100% not gonna happen, at least anytime soon.

Critically it didn’t do well and commercially it didn’t do too well either.

Lots of reasons behind it. The poor marketing (with dubstep trailers… ugh), the time it took to make the film, Lionsgate interfering forcing Duncan Jones to cut out certain scenes, the list goes on.

I personally enjoy the film but it is by no means perfect. There are some really crappy bits (especially Dalaran which is just a confused mess)

I made a thread on this a few weeks back but I strongly believe it should’ve been a TV show. That way they can fit more characterisation and story in.

1 Like

There were a lot of things off with the movie but for good reason. Combined with the narrow minded view of critics who have zero knowledge of any fantasy related subject matter resulted in its poor perfomance.

I liked the movie. The changes they made story wise had to be done on order to have fit into 1 movie. Apart from that, the visuals were stunning. The orcs looked so good and realistic. Also, the spells looked very nice and the costumes were well designed. So yeah, I’d welcome a sequal. Hell, they make sequals and reboots of terrible movies, much worse then warcraft.

They could’ve done better with Garona’s casting and apearance imo

Ever heard of director Uwe Boll? He has made some of the most horrible game adaption movies ever.

Wasn’t it the most successful game movie back then ? Although the chinese market helped a lot.

It wasn’t a bad film. You can have your opinion but it was a solid movie beside a few deviations from the original storyline that irked me a bit.