Warcraft movie sequel?

Hello guys, i just saw the Warcraft movie for the 5th time. I know alot of fans thinks that its a pretty bad movie because they did not fit all story in it. I personally think its awesome and I cannot believe that they actually fit so much in one movie. I’m really waiting and looking forward for a sequel movie. Do you think it will happend?
#Holdingmythumbs.

11 Likes

No, not a chance, Duncan Jones the director has said no, and they’ve even sold off the movie props and sets.

1 Like

WoW netflix show on the animation they used for BFA and Old Soldier cinematics.

Imagine the short episodes of like the Windrunner Comic with more detail and facial expressions of how much has changed.

And an Overwatch movie or netflix show would be AMAZING

3 Likes

^this
Overwatchs’ art team is actually so sick, the shorts are already such insane quality.

2 Likes

Sets are destroyed after any movie has finished filming most of the time. They usualy have to rebuild them again for sequels.

But still the movie didn’t make enough so sequel is unlikely.

They sold off the sets and props on t was announced by New Line Cinema, ( or Legendary) and they own the rights to Warcraft.

One of the worst movies in the history of gaming & cinema era , ive ever seen in my entire life.

Sad thing is , i tried to brainwash some friends and ex gfs so we could watch it together to make them feel immersed into my nerd world even tho i knew that , this movie was like the great pacific garbage patch.

2 Likes

Is -not- that they didn’t fit all story in it, it’s that they -changed- the story in it while also changing memorable pieces of information.

Apart from that? Good movie, that’s warcraft and i loved it, but the story changes killed it for me.

absolute abomination of a film and I definitely wouldn’t go see another one. Nearly as bad as titanic and captain marvel. Not quite as dreadful as captain marvel but im pretty sure no film could sink any lower than that. The nadir of film making.

It was good to have the first one, but I think they should stick to telling their stories in the games.

WC 1 & 2 remasters/remakes should be the way forward to telling the original coming of the Horde and the preceding wars.

Doom? Far Cry? Prince of Persia? Even with the amount of fail and mutilation it is still one of the best game/book based movie …

2 Likes

Don’t forget Tomb Raider. It was a fine fan service, but I don’t think that it was a good movie.

Yeah the list is much bigger, these are just the first that come to me when I think about gaming movies …

To be honest even best gaming movie is absolute pile of trash, and wow is mediocre at best … but at least it was still warcraft, it had orks and some magic, we could be happy it wasnt mutated elephants and card games …

Imo the same holds true for almost every book adaptation - the only movie that I think is better than the original book is Game of Thrones.

No. Apart from it doing well in China. It was a commercial and critical failure in the rest of the world. Seen it and stopped watching quarter of the way in was not impressed at all it is something best left to gather dust and be forgotten about.

I loved it. Sad it’ll know the same fate as the last airbender, hue hue hue…

1 Like

Alone In The Dark called, it wants it’s worst adaptation movie title back.

You say that, but on a technical level, it’s rated as a half decent movie along the lines of the first couple Resident Evil movies.

Lets be honest, you cannot fit the backstory and characters needed to be lore accurate into a 2hr movie without it feeling either rushed or overbloated.

Even if they went for the Arthas story, it would still require trimming to have it make sense to non-fans as well as fans.

2 Likes

Warcraft ? The only thing they did correctly in Far Cry was the name and that there was island somewhere in the movie …

Silencing a mage by actually covering his mouth so he cant cast spells is something half of the fantasy authors could only dream about, yeah it wasnt good, but it wasnt total trash too …

I found it quite realistic actually. Isn’t that what “silence” is about ? DK’s silence their targets by strangulating them.

3 Likes