Warhammer inspired Character

Hey all,

So I have started to look into and enjoy the Warhammer Lore. I am just scratching the surface of its massive lore. I would like to create a character inspired by the Space Marines worshipping the Emperor of Mankind, of course in a Warcraft style cross over.

My question is, which of these would suite better?

Scenario One: Warrior in Maldraxxus Covenant (Primus being the Emperor of Mankind figure)
Scenario Two: Paladin in Maldraxxus Covenant (Primus being the Emperor of Mankind figure)
Scenario Three: Death Knight with Lich King being the Emperor of Mankind figure (or this with Maldraxxus and Primus and Bolvar being a sort of Primarch/Champion leader etc).

I guess I kind of see the Primus on a throne and “missing” like the Emperor (even though hes not missing) and still speaking to us etc.

Ofc my WH40K knowledge is pretty beginner so I do understand Death Knights seem to be borderline “Chaos” etc but was thinking as their powers and the Paladins with magic being more of the “pysker” trait etc however that works and stuff.

Any additional thoughts are welcome, for example who would you see as the Emperor of Mankind figure in Warcraft? I understand in our current state of lore there always seems to be a stronger being so cant really compare to Emperor’s status in the WH lore.

Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Anyone? :frowning:

No one. There isn’t any. Closest you’d get is the Titans, but they aren’t worshipped as deities. The nascent tribes of humanity worshipped the Keepers, but that has been millennia since.

The Primus isn’t worshipped.

The Primus isn’t worshipped + if a paladin did worship the Primus, he’d lose the powers of the Light.

Would have been the case in the Scourge while Arthas reigned, but Bolvar isn’t worshipped and he isn’t the Lich King anymore.

The Emperor is more like the Holy Light than any being in Azeroth. He’s this disembodied entity whose followers occasionally twists what he is and does, he is a lot more powerful in the Warp, he occasionally speaks to his followers. He’s a holy being granting amazing powers to his most devout followers.

The closest thing you’d get to a space marine is a paladin worshiping the Light. Most probably a Lightforged Draenei as they’ve spent a lifetime of war in space aboard their ship, forged in the Light by Xe’ra the Light Mother and following her command. They even have a line which is taken from Warhammer Space Marine:

Give me a hundred Lightforged. Barring that, a thousand regular troops.

Or a scarlet inquisitor. Just remember that your authority means nothing and to everyone else you’ll be a punching bag.

1 Like

Lightforged are very much space marines, but alien, changed from their birth form into enhanced warriors for the cause.

1 Like

Draenei paladin like me :* But honestly Lightforged and even a Human with some Turalyon-tier backstory would do; shame he’s one of a kind.

Maybe you should try out and choose Warhammer Fantasy backstory? Astartes are basically Warrior Priests of Sigmar in space and these are Warcraft Paladins’ older cousins.

1 Like

I suspect Turalyon will go hard on “God-Emperor of Mankind” in a Light expansion. Some people will shower him with god-like praise, some people will oppose him.

Wouldn’t that wannabe-Emperor be Anduin? Of course against his will, praised by the Alliance for defeating the Jailor and unwillingly distrusted by the Horde whom he thought to be his besties…

Well you could make a witch hunter/inquisitator style character as the leather armor is perfect for it from castle nathria

1 Like

And hunt what ? WoW’s setting isn’t as grim and dogmatic when it comes to ‘witches’. Mages have their own city and deal with their own rogue spellcasters. Paladins from the Church fulfil that niche a bit by being there if some crazy warlock or necromancer is having too much fun. There’s no witch hunter organization per se, so at best he could play a monster hunter or just a vindictive rogue. Except Order of Embers, but that’s just in Kul’Tiras and focused on drust witches.

He could easily fit it into law as you pointed out Dalaran tries to deal with rogue spellcasters but someone hunting them down and capturing them isnt a far reach.
But i was not refering to the actual title or profestion just that the outfit is similar to both witch hunters of fantasty warhammer and inquisitators from 40k.

1 Like

My bad then. I was under the impression you meant actual witch hunters. :sweat_smile:

The outfit is similar, yes, and something bordering with that idea could be pulled out, although I’d recon it would be without the full extent of the law behind the ‘hunter’s’ back. Could be just an average joe who witnesses his family murdered by necromancers and undead and now hates them with passion, hence hunting down any he could find and trying to find new ways to counter necromancy.

In terms of actual organizations the Kirin Tor has the Tirisgarde that performs a function similar to Warhammer’s Ordo Malleus in that it watches over demonic incursions and the like. Tho without arrest warrants, exterminatus prerogatives and the like and it would be mainly mages, perhaps a bit OP as well.

You say that but Sylvanas orderd one on the night elves :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.