Warlock class and Sub fee

Especially after seeing the talent tree changes, playing a warlock nowadays, feels like those cheap, entry level , free to play classes/heroes in some games while there is premium classes like paladins, mages, monks and priests. Seing the time/effort developers ( If there is any ) put in for the class i think it would be pretty fair to make the game free to play for warlock players. Yes ?

4 Likes

I’m increasingly sure that the developers don’t understand what the warlock is. They often demonstrate this when they bring back skills from the past that have no logic in current gameplay, and when it seems like they have made the class at least a little fun they always tend to go back and make very serious mistakes.
The disarming thing is that if they have no idea how to develop the class, if they don’t have the ability nor the desire, at least they paid an employee to read the many user feedback on the official forums to understand how they can move a little.
I’m not saying copy or satisfy all the players’ requests, but at least take inspiration or at least avoid emphasizing skills that the community absolutely doesn’t want. They are totally incomprehensible choices, and if they were starting quite well with the first changes and the hero talents, week after week we go back years.
It is not possible that in a game that has become increasingly faster and more dynamic they want to insist on the “caster tank” philosophy. Demonology in alpha as of yesterday is practically a shadowbolt machine, and I challenge even a warlock to say that he likes the idea of ​​having to spam shadowbolt in a game where in the time of a cast a melee has knocked you down. I can’t understand why they can go from situations where demon core generation is very high (and fun) to just wanting to make proc a very rare event.
They never have half measures.

1 Like

I totally agree and the most concerning part is, this is not only about DF or WWI but a chronic problem been going on for years now. We have been consistently loosing class/spec theme,flavor and gameplay quality.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing warlock since the game came out, and I pretty much only play this class. I’ve seen situations similar to this.

The choice not to evaluate the numerous ideas that warlocks have is incomprehensible, other than taking refuge in ancient spells that are occasionally exhumed and often out of context. The craziest thing is that they ask for community feedback, which is often very negative. At this particular moment it seems that they want to go in the exact opposite direction of what the community is calling for.

“We enjoy the dynamics of the demonic core!” > “Ok, now you’ll have to spam shadowbolt!”.

In the end, having FREE feedback from us not only helps them, but also relieves them of time and cost. I repeat: I’m not saying that they have to follow the players’ feedback to the letter, but if 90% say that malefic rapture is a spell they don’t like, why do they have to insist on making it more and more obsessive in rotation/talents? We are not talking about tuning skills for balance, but rather about mechanics which in many cases is cumbersome

There isn’t a single demonology warlock who loves the idea of ​​brutally losing demonic core percentage and having to chain spam shadowbolt

2 Likes

I can only think of a single reason for ignoring data/community feedback and that is; most of these changes are being made for devs themselves due to having hard times tuning the class and not towards players’ preference & gameplay quality.

I really like destruction, but the changes in war within today I find them senseless and worrying. To begin with Hellcaller is very disappointing for destruction (very good for affliction in my opinion) especially thematically.
Among other things, no one will use Diabolist for destruction due to the very simple fact of the immolate instant (a spell which, given the speed and dynamism of the game for several years, should have been instant for decades).
I would have expected more emphasis on spells like chaos bolt and conflagrate. Instead, since yesterday they have returned to the unhealthy idea of ​​fire-based destruction. There’s no point in casting a chaos bolt in war within, today.

Incinerates are specifically emphasized with the new talents, and the choice to remove Avatar of destruction is terrible, with very questionable reasons. The return of the decimating bolt made a lot of sense in demonology, in destruction it will just be another way to avoid using chaos bolts.

When I talk to other warlock players, the most common thing i hear is ; " Who asked for this ? "

At this point, better revert to mop/wod across all 3 specs (that felt more modern/fluid compared to what we have now)

4 Likes

as long as you keep giving them money they will keep doing that XDDDDDDDDDDD same for me though of course :slight_smile: we are the problem because we can’t band up enough to make the changes we want happen and that’s on the 99% of people who play the class that just don’t really even care what the class is as long as it does bIg DAmAgE and is fOtM in PvP etc.
If enough people actually spammed blizzard to not do something stupid with clear intentions of not giving them any more money if they don’t they’d obviously just piss off and I DONT KNOW BRING BACK MY META but sadly this will never happen for anything really

1 Like

Warlock in MOP is “THE warlock”.

Now I’m not saying that we need to take it back exactly as it was then, that would be asking too much. But I believe that since they have a tendency to take up old spells or talents that are often out of context especially with regards to modern gameplay, that they would take up at least something from MOP.
For example the ember tap of destruction to heal (they should explain why the current drain life exists in demonology and destruction, and in War Within also for affliction) or perhaps the beautiful, fun and useful Fel Flame.

In any case, the fact that they didn’t take talents at random and insert them into the talent tree in a totally illogical way as often happens would be enough for me to start with (I can also go beyond the fact that to have greater stamina I have to take curses - even if I’m neither destruction nor demonology, but I don’t understand why to have resolute barriers that would be useful for me in PvP I’m forced to spend two points to have the reduced cast time of the healthstone and soulstone…

3 Likes