Warlock Dragonflight Calculator is up!

As the title you can get a look at the warlock talents for dragonflight now.

finally

will tinker a lot about affliction, not carin about the others

looks decent, a lot of dead stuff i dont want to see ever again but at least i get the choice to avoid them

Hmm looks like I might be playing Affliction again :smiley:

Honestly extremely disappointed with the talents tree. Very lazy, half of the main/core abilities made into talents and some of the Leggo/current talents placed in stupid places.

Like seriously, have to chose between either Consumption or Wilfrid’s plus making demo’s main cooldown a damn talent when it should be bloody baseline. So glad I didn’t pre-order.

The only tiny good thing is a non pet based interrupt.

1 Like

That was announced by blizzard when they said we will get new trees.

That’s exactly what they said, core abilities will be in the talent tree. I guess the reason was “there are not that much talents” or something like that.

We lose Soulshape and cheat-death from Night Fae and Blizz do not address any mobility/utility issue in warlock toolkit. Very disappointing.

1 Like

I expected worse and hoped for better.

It’s early days yet, so hopefully these are just the initial draft and there’ll be some iterations down the line.

Speaking as a Demonology main I would wish for a few changes here and there, like abilities that affect Felguards being changed to affect any summoned Demon (as in not guardians or enslaved demons) and a little clarification on certain things. I like how there’s potentially more playstyle options (Tyrant, Nether Portal swarms or a buffed Felguard) but balance will be key.

I just want to know if they’ll finally change Nether Portal to count Soul Shards expended rather than Spells that use Soul Shards. If they don’t… Well, I think we’ll be stuck with using the Tyrant in any meaningful content.

For affliction, the “worst” design I’ve ever seen in WoW history…

• Again, ugly, bad, poor Malefic Rapture for spender…
  • Again DoT numbers > DoT damage philosophy
  • Again no proper Drain build…
  • Bad copy paste of SL Nightfae affliction. Also NF Afflocks lost their cheat death and mobility.

Most of us were waiting for Malefic Grasp - Legion based self heal-dot-drain build…

They are again forcing us to play Demo or Destro. And honestly, Demo looks really solid. So they may thought at least there will be a good spec for locks. Don’t know whether affliction is powerful or not, there is no fun or satisfaction in aff tree and rotation.

Almost everything I wanted for Aff. Incorporating current tier set and building on it with Agony stacks, Soul Swap (well happy with that!), Soul Rot - all good stuff. Shame we lose blink though. Soul burn Gateway might help a bit but it’s still two clicks rather than a simple blink sadly.

Overall, I’m really happy. GJ Blizz.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.