Warlock in PvP is so broken

So long story short I’ve mained warlock since Cataclysm and never played any other class since.

I was good, I love this class and I loved what we used to be able to do.

I recently got fedup after coming back to retail and running BG’s. I geared him up fast and I was coming in off the back of classic era lock so my patience was quite high as I tried to take what I learned in classic and bring it to retail in PvP but for some reason I just could not kill anyone.

I felt like I was doing everything right but my damage just seems so low for the risk of setting up my casts.

We’re ranged but we never get to stay ranged do we. So we have to tank it all but even that isn’t good enough.

SO I REROLLED A ROGUE.

Can I just tell you guys, that as a new rogue with no idea how to play I am regularly killing other players. I’m capping bases and killing anyone defending them quite happily.

How is this possible?

Well critting about 110k 8 times in less than 3 seconds helps, while also hitting for 88k instantly, placing heavy bleeds and in the middle of all that the super fast autoattacks dishing out around 400k dmg in the time it takes to kill the average player.

The damage is huge, it’s INSTANT and easy to do.

I never realised just how hard we have it as warlocks with our damage being so low, and having such little crowd control when our whole classes existence is to dish out devastating damage from the backlines while also crowd controlling and directing the battle.

I’m in shock really. I’ve always been scared of Arena because for warlocks it’s super high pressure and you better not make a single mistake or else it’s over and it’s your fault everytime. As a rogue I’m not feeling this same pressure, I’m not scared of the arena. I went in and had fun, I knew I was on more or less equal footing and I knew my damage was pretty scary. I’m not even geared up.

Get that, I’m not even geared up.

UPDATE:

This is hilarious to me, with minimal effort I put out 4.5mil damage in 30 seconds.

Do you realise how much effort and setup you need as a warlock to do this? Insane… Melee are so broken it’s not even funny…

12 Likes

I fully agree. Warlocks need a major rework otherwise it’s just an absolute pain to play them. I wanted to like warlock so bad but it’s just impossible. I came back to wow recently I’m only 440 ilvl but it just feels sooo reliant on the healer in arenas its stupid. You cannot do any sort of play like I’d be able to do on my mage. You are a caster who stays in one place and tries to cast spells while being number1 target for every melee… No movement no escape you just face all the melee damage interrupts and stuns and you have no choice but to rely on teammates. Portals and gateway are too big cds to avoid all the mobility that melees have in this expansion.

3 Likes

This is exactly it. I’ve been saying this for years really, Warlocks are FAR too reliant on their teammates. We never used to be, we used to be able to 2v1 in arena quite well if you were skilled enough.

Just like rogues and warriors. But now we can barely do effective damage, we’re just bait.

1 Like

And when you finally outplay all these disruptions and are ready to finally blast back, the melee just gtfo behind the pillar all game and you can’t even chase :DDDDDDDDD

6 Likes

That’s why I rerolled to Warrior. Casters are pretty much unplayable in PvP because as soon as they get to you, gl casting. Now I run Arms in PvP and have easy access to M+ because I can switch into tank. Life is good now.

5 Likes

DH is like playing a single player hack and slash.

2 Likes

I can remember the time warlocks was untouchable in pvp in the early days of The Burning Crusade. this was the main reson i made a warlock class. Ever since then blizzard keeps on nerfing warlock to the point there the weakest class. on top of this still warlocks can not use Doom spellcasing pet as you have to have 4 ppl to summon it and even if you manage to get 4 ppl to help summon Doom ppl kill it befor you can even control it.

2 Likes

In solo shuffle you need a very specific lobby to get a win… If you run into melee lobby (which you will in most cases since everyone plays melee) you have no choice but to die unless your teammates make mega play and save your game. Warlock is absolute trash in arenas

2 Likes

Destros are fine cause 3 magic school + 80% instant cast…
Immolate => shadow burn => conflag => incinerate when you get kick on immo or incinerate you spam fear then respam your « classic rotation ».
If you are not focus don’t use shadow burn but chaos bolt.

When you land a fear on healer spam 3 shadow rift…

I main aff but destro is soooo more ez to play it’s insane atm.

1 Like

but your nickname suggest diferent,smh…

1 Like

What’s your rating with destro ? Destro is the biggest kill target in the game. I’m stunned 90% of the arena by DH/War/Rogue/Monk etc… Your incinerate does 0 damage and your instant casts are just for execute really barely does damage. Your main damage is chaos bolt which is almost impossible to cast when they focus you. Even if they blow up all their interrupts into fake casts they can stun you or just jump behind pillar in most arenas. My only setup is fear to heal + double coil into double chaos bolts maybe 2 in which case most likely one of them will just trinket and will come and interrupt my chaos bolts either way. It really sucks especially at low elo because healers are not good enough to hold a warlock alive and dps teammates dont know how to exploit enemy team when they tunnel vision me.

No juste no, if you think it’s chaos bolt your 1st damage, you need to learn more things.
You can destroy games without casting any chaos bolt.

Dude… You have your rifts 3 stacks where they can annoy a bit your enemy but they are not enough to kill anything even if you keep cc chain on healer… Conflagrate damage is not good enough shadowburn is not good enough unless your enemy’s under 20% health I normally start off with rifts + conflagrate + shadowburn and the enemy player is pretty much at 70% health if I dont cast chaos bolts I dont win simple as that

1 Like

destro is too slow casting u would need to pomp into haste so much… affliction is just pain in the bum with their weak bum dots, and demo is only one who is being spammed in pvp due to pets annoying others

Dude… you don’t need chaos bolt to kill or to pump.
I have 2K CR SSR as Dlock and it’s so ez to play.
Immolate=>shadowburn=>conflag=>incinerate.

You can delete chaos bolt and push 2k4 SSR so ez for sure.

I can push 2k1 SSR ez as destro and i’m a noob. Juste destro is busted af and immolate + instant = 90% of you damage.

Try it, remove chaos bolt and put shadow burn. You will pump 60K to 80K and spam fear when kick fire and go back to your pve rotate.

Affli is my main spec and it’s so more difficult to kill… :face_exhaling:

I agree to disagree with you.

While you can do a lot of damage with just using Shadowburn, Immolate and instant Incinerate procs or by just casting them.

You are just a punching bag for all melees as the healer can freely dispel everything and anything you cast without the fear of getting massive damage and silence.

Oh and don’t forget all the cc, mobility, kicks and silences all the Melees have as others have mentioned already!

This makes Destruction Locks unplayable in Arenas as you will always die to Melee cleaves.

1 Like

You should record a video of some of your games and post them here, I’m genuinely intrigued to see you play

You can check chanimal or awc, they cast maybe 3 chaos bolt by match and sometimes never :slight_smile:

They are 100x better than me haha

Chanimal explained his pve rotate as Dlock in arena.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.