Warlock's pet does not raise reputation

I don’t know if it’s a bug of my pj or general, but when I’m in a dungeon with my pet, if it’s my pet that does the kill then it doesn’t raise exp for reputation, it does it only if it’s me that does the kill. This is easier in current dungeons, but in old dungeons where the exp is better for reputation, for some reason it doesn’t do it and I wanted to ask is it just my mistake or was it always like that?

Thank you very much to those who respond to this post <3

What version of the game is this in?

If it’s in classic then that’s how it always was. If only your pet hits a mob and you don’t, then you don’t get kill credit when the mob dies.

I think they changed things in retail. My pet can kill things without my tag and i can loot them, but not sure about exp gains as it’s been a while since i did any leveling.

Correct, and it applied to ALL combat pets. Demons and hunter pets. I remember being very frustrated with it on my hunter, back in ye-olde-days, because my pet nearly always killed the mob before I got a shot off (was grinding old quests for rep).

No idea about Warlocks, but Hunter Pets in Retail doing Stomp or whatever area damage on a massive, clumped mob rewards exactly 0, as in zero, reputation for every enemy keeling over, even though that mob otherwise would have given reputation, if my character had picked off the mob on his own.
First noticed it in Molten Core. I first shrugged it off, but then I realised my rep with the Hydraxian Waterlords wasn’t so far ahead, that I should stop getting rep from the lowlier enemies.