Warmode vs PVP realms

So Blizzard is telling Horde to turn off warmode if they don’;t enjoy it and just suck it up.
How come they didn’t tell alliance to suck it up when they were being overrun? Tell them to group up and fight back?
How come they didn’t tell the players on pvp realms to suck it up or change realm?
How come suddenly there needs to be a compensation for world pvp? The fun and thrill of fighting the opposite faction should be the compensation. Don’t enjoy it? Go back up a few lines.

I am on kazzak, former pvp realm. I suck at pvp, don’t particularly enjoy it because of that. But I did like the thrill of being on a pvp realm. It was part of the game and I had ample opportunity to play on a non-pvp realm.
What changed?

2 Likes
  1. Maybe because there were actually numerous people on Horde side who had it on, knowing that they’re unlikely to face any threat from Alliance on a regular basis? Yep. Same now for the Alliance, but not as risk-free still. If you know there are higher rewards achieved for less effort (this case, free 10% reward increase or 400 ilvl reward), why not get them? Obviously this didn’t work as well for the Alliance, both because of self-deprecation and Horde swarms. I’ve been playing in most of 8.0 and a while in 8.1 with WM on. In previous patch it was quite terrible even in Kul Tiras, with wqs quickly tagged by Horde and ganks at FPs. I ended up turning warmode off recently, mostly because I don’t do much stuff on this alt but emissaries and other weekly stuff. And with that, WM just became a hindrance.

Also, you could tell the same for the Horde, don’t you think?

1. How would you tell a player on a PvP realm, who’s probably there not for PvP, but for guild/friends/etc. to leave all that and just realm change? Seriously? Wasn’t it like then also difficult if you had too much gold? Many issues simply trying to do that really, apart from obvious “money spent on transfer”.
2 Likes

Horde hypocrisy.

What tripe. Kazzak has been a massively Horde dominated realm for years. Unless you walked into SW on an expansion launch there’s very little chance of you seeing an Alliance in the open world.

That in itself is a major reason for War Mode.

2 Likes

They want us to quit and turn it off.

That was the case for the 14 years before War Mode was implemented…
It didn’t work because the realm change cost is riddiculously high and the players aren’t willing to pay just for the fact they don’t have a crystal ball and can’t predict server demographics.

I really wish that was the case - WM rewards being purely PvP only (more honor from kills) and not gear, so it would be used only by those who actually want to PvP and not those wanting the bonuses. Then, it’d probably be much emptier and someone would need to really admit that WPvP is overhyped and a small niche, not to mention awful due to inexistent balance.

PvP realms were faction unbalanced, wpvp was a different experience on different realms.

War Mode gives you balanced factions on a shard, except for lfg effect. Both sides have lfg, so no prob there. Every time I go on, any time, even late night, there’s wpvp happening. WM is night and day better for wpvpers in the region as a whole.

The reward system is not ideal, but it’s a self correcting natural selection way to rebalance wm eu faction balance. That is needed so that all wm shards can be better faction balanced, and also wpvp is stimulated.

Horde overflow shards seem less an issue, wpvp activity is high. It’s working as intended.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.