[Warrior] [Rune] Shockwave

Ok …

Who in the hell designed this rune quest line? Who though it will be fun?
Not … seriously.

1. You start by clicking on an item in a place noone goes, ever. Unless you have a random-drop-quest that leads you to that specific place.
  2. Then you must swim to a an island noone has ever gone, and you must guess the island 'cause the NPC leading is bugged and is not there.
  3. Then you must travel all around the world, back and forth: Tanaris → Winterspring → Searing George → Winterspring → Tanaris
    3.1 Good point, you get an 16 slot bag! (for the inconvenients, I suppose)
  4. Back to the island
  5. Teleport to the right place (Trisfal Glades / Westfall)
  6. Defeat the boss of madness

Handicaps:

• You require 3 top dps and a uber-top-healer.
  • You’re a warrior level 60 and rarely someone will help you killing a boss extremely hard.
  • At the end you must pay for either the tank or the healing service.

Good job #devs!

This rune is very much in line with the standard poorly done lazy Vanilla questlines that just make you run around the entire world. Nothing out of the ordinary here, a regular travel simulator with a bit of forced socialization at the end. Vanilla at it’s finest

There’s plenty of stupidly long rune quests. There are some rune quests which are pretty good.
Example of good made quest was the Seal of Martyr rune
Example of badly made quest was the whole Dark Riders chain.

that was actually more fine than the leylines shenagians that they put into P3.
with 3 classes being able to summon it and one utterly couldnt.

Its for a tanking rune, if you are a pug tank then you will have a hard time, if you are in a guild you shouldnt have any problem with doing it, and you can do it easily as a 3 man team with you tanking, a healer and a dps so the fight wont last forever.

Tank of a guild.
The hardest part of this large large large rune was to find a healer able to help.
At the end we need to pay 20g for the healing service to a random player.

I cant say I had a problem with getting help from guildies when I did it

The problem is not the travelling … if it will add any extra “lore” or reward.
The problem is the forced socialization to kill a boss noone except warrior tanks are intersted in.

The way to solve this horrible rune quest will be to add useful rewards (reagents, consumables, etc.) a along the way and make the boss to drop something useful.

Maybe it have 3 times more cooldown than its Wotlk counterpart, but in exchange it deals 25% less damage than its wotlk counterpart.

Just thought i’d revive this one to report that the questline broke, or rather the main NPC did.

Numi in Winterspring will no longer offer the quest [Bookin’ it back] as of September 26.
She lets you hand in the previous quest and gives you the book, but doesnt offer the follow up back to Tanaris.

1 Like