Warrior Weapon Specs in Dragonflight?

In my wishlist for warrior is the return of weapon specs in dragonflight. Swordspec extra attacks, Poleaxe crit, mace flat dmg increase/armor pen. I guess if this is to return it should be in the arms tree cause it would cause problems for fury warriors wanting to use separate weapons. Unless theres also a specialization for using separate weapon types that rewards some other type of damage increase.

1 Like

I loved weapon talents, extra swing on two-handed was my fav.
But if the gearing rng remains, I predict I’d get the weapon I want at the end of the expansion …

2 Likes

Another problem arising with the “extra-swing” is that the way swinging animations look and sound nowadays, they are barely noticable. It’s nothing really like the big moment it used to be in vanilla and tbc when u procced WF or swordspec.

The closest thing to old extra attacks is elemental shaman mastery overload. Getting extra lava bursts feels very good and is very noticable.

Yeah and i loved the human male sounds on crits, mleaaah ,:joy:
Sounded like you busted a nutt all over them

According to the datamine for warriors there seems to be weapon specializations.

[Frenzied Flurry]: While using two-handed swords or axes your critical damage is increased by 100% and your Execute has a 100% increased crit chance.

sharpened-blades): While using two-handed swords or axes your crititcal damage is increased by 20% and your Execute has a 10% increased crit chance.

Blunt Instruments]: While using two-handed maces or polearms the damage and duration of Colossus Smash is increased by 30%.

2 Likes

I kind of don’t like that, because if I don’t have a good mace then I can’t properly play arms or I’d have to give up on a talent. Hopefully said talent will not prevent us from going down further in the tree.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s gonna be problematic if we need to use those weapon types. Maybe if its based on transmog then it would be fine.

2 Likes

The extra sword swing may have some actual gameplay implications.

But personally i would rather not see them, as they would cause problems for weapon type, it’s already a bother to get two handed or one handed thanks to certain people asking for single minded fury, even though it’s freaking irrelevant in terms of gameplay.

Thanks guys! You really improved my gameplay by asking for single minded fury! I am so enjoying the split loot.

If you also add in weapon specializations, it’s basically asking for trouble for something that isn’t even that interesting.

Id rather see them add things like sinful surge, condemn, odyn’s fury, etc…

1 Like

Yeah it would probably cause more problems than it’s worth.
What they could do is add the effects without the conditions for a specific weapon type.
Call it Weapon Technique and add different effects like extra swing or armor pen, chance to stun etc.
Could be like stances.

1 Like

That’s much better.

As long as it’s not just for 1 type of weapon, but rather just a buff.

trash tbh and you dont want that.^^ even said by theorycrafter!

imagine getting in vault or raid etc the weapon type that isnt bis or that what u want… or the raid drops a a higher ilvl weapon or a weapon with a special procc (Like gavel, jaithys, …) that isnt the type u want…

that makes it just overcomplicated for devs (balancings, weapon design, …) and for players.

You know you can completely avoid getting any one handers by simply having arms loot spec right? I don’t think it bothers anyone that single minded fury exists

Yes, but it’s still annoying. Sometimes you just forget about it, it can happen, but you’re not gonna forget it if you get 1h after.

I understand that you prefer titan’s grip. But since you can set your loot preference once and never change it why is it an issue? I don’t see you forgetting since once you set arms it won’t go back to fury on its own.

You’re right, it just annoys me that people care about frankly irrelevant stuff.

There are better things to talk about than single minded fury, which has 0 impact on actual gameplay.

My take on this: Use Swords and Axes or you will do no 0 dmg.
Fury will be broken and Arms will be weak, since Arms has modified value’s for mace/polearms (which are nowhere as strong as Fury’s + double weapon modifier?).

Also, I dislike the weapon specs simply because for Fury and Arms you want different secondary statts, these weapon specs are simply limiting your spec to your “bis” weapon and maybe creating a :poop: secondary statt choice…

What if the Axe/Sword has Vers-Crit for Fury?
What if the Mace/Polearm has Vers-Mastery for arms?
Just for a couple of examples…

Exactly…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.