We feel Shadow Priests do not have to hard cast spells as often as we would like?

So once again blizzard statements is just a mess…
mages have so manny hard insta cast spells and procs…
shammans have aswell…

still
BLizzard think shadow åpriest should have to cast more in pvp…
we feel Shadow Priests do not have to hard cast spells as often as we would like
this is just a mad comment and a indea that goes all against the 2023 DF playstyle every other class has and the INTERRUPT CC META in PVP…

common blizzard revert this!!

10 Likes

yee, im feeling the same, this Dev note is just a joke to us as Spriests. While every class is dmg around and cleving everything down with procs and instants, we get a DMG nerf and a procc nerf as well.
But hey lets kill Sp agains like SL S3 and S4

Clapping hands
Well done Blizz

2 Likes

blizzard like shadowpriest to hard cast . well let them play they game i quit

yes, spriests should be actively more casting in pvp.
right now you barely have to cast to apply and maintain pressure.
combined with failproof instant range cc, it’s way too easy.

every 45 secs you can fully renew your pressure, your only cast being mindgames, lol.

while I agree nerfing damage, proc rates and survivability is a bit too much, spriest definitely needed a strong nerf to put them back in line. imho a psychic horror / psyfiend nerf along a damage nerf be it through pure numbers or proc % reduction would have been enough.

Honestly, this is bugging me quite a lot. I remember when Blizz was talking about interrupts some time ago, basically TL DR: we have interrupts so someone doesn’t spend match in CC. What I find funny is that that’s what often happens to casters when facing melee cleaves (if given caster has to cast).

With amount of gap closers, for many casters melees are next to unkittable. At same time I understand that spammable uninterruptable CC would be broken, hence I have this suggestion: Keep CC as is, make all damage spell casts uninterruptable.

2 Likes

Casters actually casting spells? Scandal!

1 Like

the thing is, shadow casts doesnt hit that hard and getting interrupted, shadows can die easy. If a lock gets kickt fine deffs can still be used, mage as well shield is avaiable, block and blink to escape.
They want it nerf SP but they don’t realize that shadow is S tier cause of their utility. I don’t think shadowdmg is broken by any means, certainly not if they are being trained and if they aren’t they do just as much dmg as anyone else that can free cast

4 Likes

Fiend dies in one hit bro, it is literaly usless.

it has 14.5k hp so it doesn’t die in one hit and you’re also allowed to have a pws macro to shield it so it definitely doesn’t die xd

Enjoy your stay at bottom of the list blizzard just want melee craft season 1 meta just bring melees you’ve won both in pve pvp raid.

this patch is just a joke, eleshamans send their whole dmg on proccs and instants.
just meaning cause of the dev note “We feel Shadow Priests do not have to hard cast spells as often as we would like”

4 Likes

Devs don’t play shadow. It is long known. If not mistaken, MoP was the last expansion then a designer played a spec.

Got my VT’s up. Removed with revival.

Trying to get my VT’s up… Ok, there we go…
Removed with revival or some other cleanse…

Well I’ll be casting over here if you need me

2 Likes

yea… to many dot dispells…
imunities and high burst

and then…
disc Mindblast does more damage the Shadow mindblast!=!

1 Like

and now ice lance does 90 k… INSTA CAST!!

2 Likes

Typical game devs make all other priest speccs deals more damage it was the same with holys SW:P in Shadowlands blizzards scaleing is none exsistance.

Also their nerfs and reworks are clunkfiestas, its like they dont even care.

Oh this made me laugh more then i should have XD

It does in fact die in one hit - atleast in higher ratings people will instantly target it and use a harder hitting ability to kill it… - Mortal strike, RSK … you get the idea.
When i play my WW i will usually prioritize to roll and RSK any psyfiends i see.

• and that’s fair there needs to be a counter play to Psyfiend, but it does die in one hit haha.
1 Like

blizzards headquarters-

Just gonna say this version of shadow is terrible lul :stuck_out_tongue:

I see my self out.