We Must Restore Civility

Trelw just schooled the heck out of you guys. BOOM.

I want sources not numbers or imma

2 Likes

Add an option to show “all the available rewards” voila, easy and everyone happy. Then smoothen up the transmog restrictions (they’re slowly going in that direction already) and it’s all sorted…

Add an “are you super sure” check to make sure someone does not accidentally do this and get confused.

As much as I value green texts,

MVPs promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums.

is sometimes hard to find, but hey, we’re all human.

And for this topic, way too much pointed to one person… feels more like “see me guys, I disagree with an MVP”, well good for you.

3 Likes

ahh i was sleeping, working tonight/last night so sleep in between. ill read all this when i get to workplace, gotta cook first

don’t. Spare your brain.

2 Likes

I am sorry for dropping in, I just want to ask.

Was winning against Puny the purpose of this thread? :slight_smile:

As far as I can see, only 2 posters are trying to stay on one topic.

But what is the purpose:

Trying to have a civil forum?

Or

Continue the last discussion on a civil manner?

Because as I read it, your attempt failed, and I do feel sorry, because I think you actually did have good intentions upon creating this - I find both topics to be important to me too (I still need the Twilight Cultist Outfit to be green again) and a civil forum is always to prefer :hugs:

2 Likes

dude this is the “We Must Restore Civility” thread not the “battle against those who are supposed to be a good presence on the forums” thread

Aye, of course. I am sure there’d still be a story to follow, even if (hopefully) the outcome of the upcoming fight is not predetermined! Cos I hate being “forced” to lose! ^^"

If its pretty much just an open world arena then that’d be awesome and in fairness, what I’d try to find spontaneously in WPvP. Not ruining anything existing but creating something when two or more willing fighters meet!

Exactly! I prefer when RPers gank me because its in their characters nature, rather than out of player spite or bloodlust. Likewise, I’d rather an RP avoid me because of honour or pacifism rather than “I’m just here for the WQ” though in all honesty, I don’t gank everything I see because sometimes thats the same reason I am there! Haha!

I am far too awkward with getting into a role so I am forever OOC even if I try and sample RPing. But my style is just finding WPvP where it arises, just to clarify, rather than forcing it or ruining things. I do understand the planning involved RP-WPvP shenanigans and it’s best to just watch those rather than join in and mess up the story.

Its a film, essentially, right? You have the characters on the field and the directors off-screen, then. While I may never get into RPing, I do still think its a great looking effort to pull off and I am glad someone is able to do it! ^^

@Trivale: Being a MVP does not make one immune to human errors. We are just fellow players with green text.

@Moothilda: Excellent post as always. :slight_smile: bows

1 Like

Pray to our guy Embertap locked up in the forum pens :pray:

1 Like
https://gyazo.com/e5e4cc1deee6d93e8e7c250d825cba99

Gimme an all rewards option yeah!

It just makes me see like this!

I would love to know where you are getting your statistics from! Or what do you define as ‘activity’.

Surely, in smaller realms, activity classified as PvE content (Mythic raiding especially) or PvP content (gladiator+), tiny servers would struggle, and those looking for only that content often move away from the realm, leaving behind…the roleplayers.

Roleplayers, who might not fall under your defined activity, perhaps? I do not know much of the other realms, but I would readily believe the suggestion that AD eclipses the other remaining RP realms anyway in any metric, so including them would be peculiar.

However, if we define activity as any user-generated content (including roleplaying events), I would dare suggest Silvermoon AND Draenor won’t even compare to Argent Dawn! I point to my earlier statement of people coming (through cross realm) to the server are blown away with how lively the server is! The ACTIVITY of the players! And they often don’t even partake in any of the roleplay itself!

I do not think Silvermoon or Draenor roleplay, as they are not RP realms. And conversely, AD doesn’t really do PvE or PvP, as it’s not the purpose of the realm. So obviously comparing activity in those areas is a bit twisted. Comparing characters is also confounding, there is a limit to how many characters can be made on a server, no? Argent Dawn has been consistently hitting the FULL marks.

Other RP realms sadly are left behind in a cluster, for a variety of different reasons.

Indeed, there’s storylines and everything, even roleplaying itself in those all-out unrestricted PvP events! And with open endings. IMO it’s far more immersive to fight 40v40 unrestricted fights rather than those random 1v1s. But those are in campaigns, not really a constant arena. After those events, the fights usually stop as the storylines have been concluded.

2 Likes

So we are on a quest to find what is lost? :thinking:

exactly what I said :slight_smile: wasn’t meant in a mean way orso

Unfortunately Im not!
Im a very nice, unbiased and full of love person. I show respect to all people, hence blizzard turned me down and refusesd to give me MVP role because I wasnt cold hearted enough :frowning:

my guild title needs an update -_- and forum mods have been ignoring it for month now smh!

1 Like

I do think I recall a mate of mine playing RP-WPvP in WoW and actually dying (as his character. Not in real life!) before getting to a staged fight - due to being ganked. Or ganking, not sure. Either way, they decided his character was dead getting to the final fight of whatever campaign they were doing which lead to some weird anti-climax.

I think someone they were meant to be saving ended up dying too which I’d assume made things very glum for them.

Anyway, I love that kind of personal story building. Instead of just meeting at X as if they warped there, that each player might have some story of their own organically and randomly unfolding as they run to where the next campaign plot point is!

Still haven’t been involved in any 40v40 fights, so really even an RP free-for-all would be brilliant to see!

That’s basically what i said aswell. :slight_smile:
Adding options, not limiting. :slight_smile:

No, of course not. We aren’t here to fight others and win against them. :smile:

This one! :smile:

Also this. :smile:

Then your taste is different from ours! I shall thank you for your politeness in this discussion my friend, and hope you’d have fun.
Although when RPers gank, it isn’t IC , you know, aka they don’t do it as their character and as RP, but as gameplay which is separate from their RP character. :slight_smile:

I see! Well, tastes are different! And that’s admirable that you respect the campaigns and don’t interrupt. :slight_smile:

It’s not the same, you can say bit similar, but not really. The Commander must manage and think as their character, that what should they do? What command shall they give now? What will happen if they send a scout there, etc. Which may lead into Special consequences (not necessarily bad ones) and other things. The difference between them, is the same difference between a Roleplayer and an actor. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shame it turned into a “lets bash all those that oppose us” thread instead

You have to log out and back in and it will update. I’ve had the same issue when I moved guilds.

1 Like