We need a deserter penalty for m+ pugging

Hey all, everyone must have experienced it once.

You got this group together and you are there the first second something goes wrong and poof someone leaves.

This happened to me today on my main. The timer was on 29 after the wipe, but the person thought we wouldn’t make it, so he/she left. So I’m asking myself why not ask blizzard to address this issue with a major penalty. Cause it is kind of a penalty worthy, imao. I mean the grp leaders, kinda trust the people they invite not to do that stuff.

I.e. I think there should be a deserter penalty. They can still group up with guildies/friends but they can not make use of the dugeons section of the group finder for that set penalty.

I just wanted to know if people also experienced this and maybe think this is a good idea.

1 Like

Because not everyone pugs, in fact the majority of asshats who does this are the ones who pugs so it isn’t really a problem in blizz’s eyes

My guess

1 Like

I know, but it was blizzard who initially implemented the pugging system. So I think they kinda should make it more trustworthy. I’m not trying to disproof your statement here don’t get me wrong. But it’s saddening that people just tend to avoid it all in general because, people like that don’t get penalized.

Oh trust me, 90% of responses are just people straight up flaming on me so i would never get that idea from you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know, should be some sort of reputation system implemented

1 Like

Indeed something in those lines.

It’s a shame this tends to happen. I think it’s just people don’t clear there minds before posting stuff (and tend to forget they are dealing with real people). but that is a complete other topic, haha.

1 Like

Situation depends really. I am not a general quiter, but sometimes I’m in a run, and it’s a constant sh*tshow. So then it’s my bad for leaving? And I don’t leave after 2 wipes, but if it’s 20+? If I leave, since I see 0 progress, and a run is full of people who have no idea what they’re doing, I should be punished for leaving that run?

What if you decide as a group to quit? I mean, sometimes you can be in a group that is self aware.

Plus, if I know in advance a run will be a sh*tshow and I still decide to join, then I should stay.

And lastly, there’s also a RL aspect. I got a kid, what if something happens, and I need to quit? Depending on the situation, I don’t even have/take time to tell people and just shutdown my PC, tbh I don’t give af what people think then, RL comes first over a game, anyone that thinks otherwise should have their brainds checked.

Are you kidding me? o.O and did you try and talk with these people before you started your run?
Ive never had anyone leave if i state from the beginning i only care about completing… had people leave ones i stated it, but run hadnt started yet so no foul there.

And I’m asking myself why people still create new topics with this BS ideas instead of first reading through, and then if they still feel like it, post a replay in the other already existing 10s of similar topics with 1000s of comments… You will have found the answers there.

A punishment system for a player-created group should NOT be implemented because there is no way to distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate leave or prevent it’s abuse. TALK with each other before you activate the key! And make it sure do inform the group that the run is for completion and not for time.

Just go read the other similar threads, you will understand.

Oh, and btw

No, this has never happened to me and I’m almost exclusively puging.

Major panalty for a self-made pug? Never happening. Reasons? Read the 10167 topics prior to yours regarding this subject.

I think they hinted on some sort of reputation system, but nothing conclusive yet.

I’ll just go to the store and grab some food then and make the run incompetable instead of just leaving.

Lmao, I’ll just abuse it like I do with the kick feature in LFD then. Just give people bad reputation because we can, just like how we kick people in IE and dungeons just because we can.

Today I was in a run where I was almost out healing the healer and he was flaming me, yeah I am not sticking around in those situations. At least the possibility of someone leaving can limit people tendencies to talk sh*t.

not stay if run not so good point is player thos keys only there for score noting more why sould theny be punish u only get afk fake dc wait to get kick not point i would sey

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.