đź“‘ We need forum update for 10.0 now

Because yea they listen to feedback for game but Web developer need to improve the forum too.

Here the change we need:

1. Forum is not a RPG, we shouldn’t be grinding Trust level 3 in order to set image, if we can post link we should be able to post image already .

2. Trust level shouldn’t be lost in time, that make no sense if you left the forum 2 months you come back to a state where you are considered like an new account.

3. Forums account should not be bound with character , so we can choose the avatar we want and IF we want our character as avatar yes we can choose our character as avatar for the account. That will also solve troll creating a new character and auto like their own post making the like systems irrelevant and troll not being affected with just switching character.

4. easier integration of media, many website you just have to take a picture, set to desktop and drag and drop to the website to post. For wow forum you must have Trust level 3 and then set the image to a server and take the link to set it in the forums. This issue cause many people wanting to post in wow forums to do not return into wow forum because they can’t express fully what they want with picture and artist not able to share their work.

5. Code helper : Not everyone know the language of markdown and etc, and when it come for a player making a long post, it is way more better that the text is formatted and way more easy to read than a full compacted text. The amount of time you have to spend just to format your text in order to make it more readable and wanting to read on WoW forums.

6. Colour text: text colour should not be bound by status ( casual user / MVP / Blizzard employee), because it totally block text formatting, let say i want to set a word in red to put more attention to a word the only way right now is either it size, bold and caps lock. just with a red colour that would be way more readable instead to caps lock every letter of the word.

7. Constraint of the forum fixed : the website of WoW forums are often messy, even sometime very chaotic. That would be appreciate to fix that and also if possible on some browser instead of a “Smartphone format” to set the website more for Website Browser and then use for smartphone (example for iPhone) Battle.net application and then continue instead of SafariService to use instead a new view with a tableview and get the Web API to receive the forum post and topics easier. like that you are guarantee also with SwiftUI a more stable constraint on iPhone and for website you can get more focus on the Web browser.

if i missed something, feel free to write down.

4 Likes

Implement this change for big things such as images, perhaps, but I still think having a reward system for long-term posters is a nice thing to have. Maybe if that provided other perks instead?

If folk are temporarily banned, Trust should go down (kinda like when you quit a guild in-game, it affects reputation). Perhaps more severe with each ban.

100% agree - get rid of the multi-flagging and multi-spamming folk. Also stop people hiding behind Classic accounts!

Erm…I’m not sure about that one. People would potentially raise accessibility issues with that? Not sure I want to see loads of posts that assault the senses with a myriad of colour!

Another suggestion: proper ignores. When you ignore someone, they are actually ignored.

Depend how it is used.
But this can be managed by a setting systems like in game wow in game menu → interface → accessibilty.
Also this is not the color that will make it more unreadable, well used it can enhance the reading, people using it the bad way can already do it today with SizE and write a full text like that.

Depend on how people will use it. it is already avaible to use it wrong, it’s just if people are dedicated to use it wrong or not.

Yea what i meant is when someone is already trust level 3 lost his trust level 3 just because he was absent during 2 months

Not oblige to have a block on normal posting.

Perk could just be like able to set as avatar a puppy.gif or having a tiny description next to the name when writting a post

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.