We need more female gamers

we all know why

1 Like

Today I’m a female troll, because that’s how I feel on the inside.

4 Likes

I got in my guild 2 people in legion, 1 that was doing raid and an another one for casual.
We were soo friendly that time that the guild decided to make IRL meeting.
And now they are in couple.
But they stopped wow for a time and now only one came back playing wow, but they are still loving themself.

No one in the guild saw it coming :smile:

So, is it an in-game community or a discord group? Or both?

No thanks.

Discord group mainly, but also have a guild on AD.

Argent Dawn? Well, that’s too bad because my mage is on Quel’Thalas/Azjol’Nerub, same as my hunter.

We all started alts on AD to create the guild but come from different servers, can do stuff together on our mains as well as AD chars :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks, Nefaryas (and Drae too!). I need to give it some thought :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can relate to mostly playing the same race. I initially stuck with undead for horde characters (orcs are boring, trolls weren’t as cool as W2 trolls, tauren just don’t appeal) and only made a BE paladin when they came along because it was as close as you’d get to Spellbreaker. Alliance side it was human and dwarf.

Now we have a lot of great options, imo, though I can still understand people who have found “their race” and stick to it.

This was my main until recently (and all my alts were also female dwarves) but I rolled a void elf hunter recently because I was bored and wanting to level and I’m playing her almost exclusively now. I haven’t ruled out making a dwarf something when Shadowlands comes out and levelling her though.

I can wholeheartedly recommend it. It is a pretty nice environment, and yes, before my fellow AD’ers jump on me, it is an RP initiative, but getting people into it gradually, not an OOC guild on AD…

Genuinely lovely chilled group to be honest, and nice to natter to some faces from the forum that otherwise you would only interact with, on the forum…

As for more female gamers, don’t we have quite enough already? The Gaming demographic is not what the average sweaty teenage streamer fan thinks it is, but does span decades, genders, all sorts, I think I actually narrowly know more female gamers than male ones. I mean in real life, not just people saying they are x or y in chat, I’d say WoW is doing pretty good on that front. Just ignore the nervous oafs going “No such thing as girls on the internet” and replace the phrase with “No such thing as girls in my life” and you would probably have a more accurate summary.

7 Likes

Thank you for letting me know this, Brigante :slight_smile:

You know, this is literally one of first things I heard when I started playing Diablo II back in 2001. I was told that “girls don’t play lol”. I found those comments odd, because I had been playing all kinds of PC games for so long, and to me it was perfectly normal.

6 Likes

Woah!! Hold up a minute! Does this mean I can just hide my inadequacy in the relationship department by simply stating that there are no men on the internet??

:rofl:

6 Likes

I… guess? :thinking: That does seem reasonable going by the same logic.

1 Like

Female gamers need you OP

Yes, Yes it 100% does! What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 Likes

You said it…

1 Like

hi there! I’m sorry your copy of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth seems to be experiencing difficulties in loading more females.

Please try deleting your cache and add-ons folder and try again. If this doesn’t make more females appear, you may have to try a fresh install of the game.

Following these steps should help your game flood with females, but don’t forget your fedora so they know you’re a gentlesir and nice guy!

8 Likes

You’ll find most women where there are no toxic men.

3 Likes