We need new skimpy transmogs

Very unikely Blizz will be making anything “risky” any more. They’re too busy embracing their new found respect

We will never get them , Boobs are offensive now you know.

Look at the pic of Alextrasza in dragonflight , notice she has alot more armour than her usual self.

I wouldn’t be suprised , if Blizz give breast reductions next to all their races. Give realistic chest armour models. So no boobs at all unless , undressed.

As a woman I can’t play as a woman anymore because a few men spoilt it for the rest of us.

3 Likes

I know there’s the entire fruit bowl meme and everything, but I don’t think that’s it and it really depends on the context.
In that particular case, in the wake of the scandal, the devs wanted to avoid that kind of portrayal. It could very well be that those elements were linked with not very decent past colleagues. Maybe not, but in any case, in front of literal sexual assault, you won’t see me throw a tantrum over a painting, especially since we know those decisions came directly from the devs and weren’t “corporate pandering” or anything like that.
Since then they have clearly shown they don’t have a problem with partial nudity in the game. This is a fact no meme or rhetoric can overturn: Valeera is still there, they didn’t remove any of the skimpy gear from the game, the succubi and incubi are still there, Alexstrasza in her new form is still showing thighs and cleavage, even though some keep complaining because she isn’t literally naked.
I don’t think it’s impossible we will get more revealing gear in the future, but if I wanted to be heard on this matter I wouldn’t go the route of “pls can I haz more boobas also here’s a photo of an arab man also fruit bowls”.
I’d ask for more casual attire options, like shorts, shorter skirts, bathing suits, updated shirts and so on, since it’s reasonable that people on Azeroth would have that variety of clothes and since the last good piece of “civilian attire” is locked behind the recruitment system.
I’d also go the route of asking for more player choice and freedom of expression, instead of ranting about woke propaganda and other right-wing narratives as if we were on the other side of the pond.

5 Likes

The only issue with skimpy armor, isn’t the armor itself but rather the stigma surrounding games that can’t refrain from not adding anything else than skimpy outfits.

WoW have a sizeable library of relatively normal armors so having a few skimpy tossed in here and there wouldn’t hurt.

As long as they are equally skimpy for male and females.

5 Likes

And customizable underwear!

1 Like

In contrast a friend is playing Final Fantasy and this is one of the store outfits:-

I know it’s a male costume but still it’s a few bits of cloth.

Here is a female outfit

Obviously they have fully covering outfits too.

3 Likes

Not to mention the butt-enhancer!

Fun fact it was originally a bug but the fallout for “fixing” it was too much so it was reverted.

There is also the Shi-sui role restricted variants of that outfit, fav one being for caster.
https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Shisui_Set_of_Casting

2 Likes

Also in Cataclysm wow made this set which seems to have been designed being skimpy with opening where the diamond/cloth part is.

The model viewer seems to have been fixed unfortunately.

Was another piece that gave you hotpants.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Transmogrification/comments/7sqbxi/lf_cloth_shorty_shortshotpants/
4 votes and 4 comments so far on Reddit

None of these are mods, but were peculiar previews in wowhead 3d-view.

4 Likes

you know my fave outfits from ff?
womens summer morning set white bikini top and bottoms
yes faire goer attire too
think for few of my catgirls i use
purple lightning hair(hairstyle comes with outfit) summer morning white top
and the infamous 2b legs/boots in metallic purple dye/metallic blue

i mean any dyed armor with general purpose metallic tends to"glow" in certain lights
and hmm i think fem viera max height is close to my irl height just close tho lol

1 Like

They already did actually, back when they updated the models in WoD. Most notable on the “pretty” races. I.e Human, Elves, and Draenei.
Blood Elves in particular was adjusted down twice. The first time during the 6.1 PTR and the second time in 7.3. Although to be fair, they did kinda look like blown up sex dolls in their first iteration and it might not have been intentional since the second version we got on the PTR much more closely matched the official previews.
I am not sure if i can post any pics here without getting slapped with the ban hammer. If you want to see for yourself, go check out MMO champ’s thread on the updated Blood Elf models from WoD. Or look up “blood elf nerf” on reddit.

You have plenty of that already.

We should have options.

There’s no need to go “Only full armor” or “Only skimpy armor”

Just have both of equal amounts

5 Likes

If they don’t want to add news, they could a least update the old ones in HD or as some people said: let us hide pants.

Some belts without pants look like an skimpy armour.

Same happens with wow-model viewer with alots of sets.

2 Likes

Guessing that they have been designed with a male/female version in mind, but have ended up being set to force the male variation.

2 Likes

Respect? Where?

2 Likes

99% of armor is already full, so go ahead and pick whichever you prefer then :joy:

1 Like

I agree, especially for cloth and leather, but especially cloth actually because that’s fundamentally not designed to protect our bodies from attacks anyway.

It doesn’t need to be outrageously skimpy for me at least, but I do like some of the armour sets that don’t cover me up completely - like maybe the a little of the midsection is exposed or it’s a robe that hangs loosely around the side of the thighs or short sleeves on the arms and what have you. Or even something as innocent as a skirt covering to the knees or a loosely hanging shirt or a v-cut or even shorts. And yeah, sure, some plate bikinis don’t hurt either I guess, but I don’t care about those personally.

It’s so weird Blizzard simultaneously don’t want to add armour sets like this to the game but also allow us to literally transmog away our chest and change our pants to ancestral woolies. I mean that’s the same company.

It’s almost like there’s one voice screaming “Oh no we can’t have skimpy wamens!” on one side and on the other side we have another screaming “Player expression, including gender expression, should be up to the player and completely open in every way!”

Well, which is it?

3 Likes

I mean that’s just a basic RPG design thing where you can switch any part of the equipment and if you so desire, can run around in your underwear. So that’s not really a valid argument.

I’m personally against bikini armor specifically, mostly 'cos it’s just dumb, but then again it’s my opinion.
You could still do aesthetically pleasing skimpy armor.

Players on twitter with pronouns listed on their profile :thinking:

Yes and no. A standard RPG mechanic is indeed to remove your gear, but being able to take your clothes off is very rarely an option, actually. You can’t do it in Diablo or Nox or the classic isometric RPG’s like Baldur’s Gate, and of course even the games that do allow you to actually take off your clothes, like WoW, gives you unremovable underwear. There are a couple of exceptions that aren’t dirty games, The Witcher 3 being an example, but it’s really rare.

But, more to the point, what WoW does is not only does it allow you to remove the gear, but it actually makes it possible to wear no gear and fight at the same time. That is to say, you can take no visible armour into combat and do perfectly fine, and this is because of transmog, which is a feature most RPG’s do not have.