We need to talk about russians in Wintergrasp

So, whenever you face a russian team in Wintergrasp, they are always around 90/120 when the gates open. This is important, because around 90 is pretty much the perfect balance between having enough numbers while still making good value out of the tenacity buff.

Being buffed, they always stomp the opposite team at first zerg, denying them from reaching rank 2 and build proper vehicles. That pretty much always leads to a lost game, and victory for the russians.

And after making their opponents fall too far behind to recover, the russian team is filled up to 120/120 about 10 minutes into the game, and it’s smooth sailing.

How are they doing this? Because this happens pretty much every single game vs a russian team. Is it because they play on one server only and can orchestrate this via Discord or something? Because it happens way too frequently to just be a coincidence, I feel.

2 Likes

I always have the opposite experience when facing russians, they are always 6-9. Which makes them literal gods, but they cant get any objectives done.

In the end they end up on 14k honor from kills alone, and we get about the same cuz of objectives and what not, but we also get 3 marks. So i call that a win.

Maybe im just lucky

They just need to ban them all, like they did with people living in occupied Ua therethories.
Why the hell u do not provide services in the occupied territories, but provide them to the occupiers.

2 Likes

… this! And why does Blizzard allow Russians to play “war-games” with the rest of Europe, cynical money-grab?

2 Likes

Very much besides the point, but I don’t think it’s fair to bring up the war in this conversation. Yes, war sucks, but you can’t blame every russian on an individual level for having a terrible government.

There are actually a lot of russians who are anti-war. I met a bunch of these war refugees, I guess you could say, when travelling in East Asia recently. They’re cool normal people that just want to live their lives in peace, just like you and me. Banning them in a game is not gonna do anything productive for anyone.

This topic is about cheating in games, that is not cool whatever nationality you are, or what crazy government you’re stuck with.

3 Likes

1st, calm down with your nationalism.
2nd, don’t bring politics to a game forum.
3rd, people in Donbass and other regions can easily play the game, they just have other business to attend to.
4th, every post I’ve seen about Russians winning bg’s/WG is either a skill issue, a conspiracy theory, or plain whining.
5th, learn how big businesses work, no one cares about your emotions.

2 Likes

They cant play game so $%@# , u got no clue what u talking about. All accounts from Crimea/Donbas got banned, and its fact. I wish all account from russia was banned in same way.

1 Like

Instead of wishing the war to end you wish for all innocents’ accounts in some video game being banned. This will help for sure, like all the other sanctions did…oh wait.
As I said, people from Donbass/Crimea have other business to attend to atm, WoW is not their priority, and one can easily use VPN to create a new account from another region and play easily. I personally know several people doing that, they can’t pay for the game with their cards but can still play the game using the cards of their friends from another countries. There is a whole black market for that. People will always make money out of anything and everything.
The topic was about Russians cheating or using shady tactics in WG, but that’s not the case, so calm down and move on.

I dont buy that innocents bs, lots of companies moving from ru market, sooner or later blizz will move also, pointles wish war to end,it can get paused only, their officials treaten most of countrys around them with invasion/occupation/nuke strikes on daily basis, Ukraine is just begining.

Imagine losing 120 vs 90.
Skill issue definitely.

I don’t know if you even play WotLK since you’re posting from a vulpera. But being ~90 in Wintergrasp actually gives you the upper hand due to how the tenacity buff works.

Not it’s not. I have never lost 120 vs not 120.

No need to repeat mass media bullsh1t here m8, it won’t change anything either. Blizz leaving Russia will only make them lose a lot of money. People will move on to private servers or to other games, it’s not a tragedy for anybody. Your blind hatred harms you more than anyone here.

like 3/5 times i played WG vs russians attacking they destroyed canons* before game started/gates opened, wonder what bug some of them abusing for that.

We had only 14 Russians in one WG, it took about 10 ppl just to take one Druid out. Their Moonfire was was taking 25% hp each time they spammed it, I’m Ele with 1351 resi so not capped, but still ridiculous.
Btw we easily defended though, they had 0 workshops but the druid was 39/1 k/d.

Its still insane how they can allow the premade BG queing aswell, its such a joke.
Every other BG is just russian premades.