We need to talk about Tol Dagor

Are Blizzard not slightly embarrassed by Tol Dagor? From a technical PoV, this dungeon is a total mess and one of their worst ever. The fact that, almost 2 years after release, this dungeon is still riddled with bugs in terms of mobs pulling / getting stucked in combat etc is pretty embarrassing for a huge and talented developer like Blizzard.

Only yesterday, I was doing TD +8 on an alt and, in the prison area just after Jes Howlis, I noticed the hunter stared taking MASSIVE damage. My UI said he had aggro but none of the mobs were attacking him. I spammed heals onto him but, eventually, I had to prioritise the tank and he died. I assumed he was being shot by ranged mobs and didnā€™t pay it much thought, until I then suddenly started getting trucked as well. I ended up dying and, confuised, I checked my death log. I had been killed by repeated melee from Sewer Vicejaws - the crocodiles on the bottom (sewer) level of the dungeon. The same was true for the hunter.

How is it that these things a) pulled aggro and b) killed us from the bottom level? They werenā€™t even on the same floor as us, they were just invisible.

This is not the only bug of itā€™s type in TD and I am frankly amazed that Blizzard hasnā€™t devoted proper time into sorting it out by now. Itā€™s not like TD is some wildly unique, experimental dungeon - itā€™s just an indoor area with a couple of different floors - this is not a new thing. Theyā€™ve had that type of dungeon in the game since UBRS. Why is TD so insanely broken?

3 Likes

Yea its buggy, Iā€™ve lost count of the stuff thats happened in there. Iā€™ve even had trash hit people on the last boss in the same way.

Iā€™m sure Blizz will learn from this.

I hope they never design such a buggy dungeon ever again. Tol Dagor is an extra affix on its own with all the bugs.

actually the sad part is that they donā€™t seem to try fixing it.
Bug can happen and nobody will cry over it but should you fix it as quickly as possible once players report it?

A lot of dungeons have bugs, itā€™s pretty bad how Blizzard still hasnā€™t fixed it. I did 2x SoB yesterday:

• First boss had invisible bombs in my second run, Iā€™d leap to an add and I got hit by it mid air and died. Had bombs wipe our group because of this.
  • One of my group members recently had a SoB bolstering run where each mob bolstered twice
  • We had snipers that fell through the stairs (stairs are truly OP in WoW)
  • Second boss we had invisible azerite puddles where explosions would land
  • Group members that release were instantly in combat again

Our TD run: wiped cause mobs were pulled through the wall, though Iā€™ve had it often enough where they were pulled through the floor

Nzoth fight: tentacles were spawning and this stopped when the group fighting in the other reality came back. Then the next series of tentacles only spawned 1 set

Motherlode:

• Dying to bombs because their explosive textures on the ground are smaller than the actual explosion range
  • Had the last boss despawn immediately after respawning after a reset
  • Group members that release were instantly in combat again

Some bugs I encountered in 8.2 were fixed, such as being teleported across the entirety of Freehold onto building rooftops, or where in AD mobs would teleport to the spawn after the group wiped and got insta agro despite being on the opposite side of the dungeon.

There are some serious issues in dungeons, and blizz should really fix them.

as hunter in Tol dagor, you can from second or even third level, target the crocs at the bottom, and if you happen to hit kill command, your pets will walk through the floor, down to them, aggro all of them and everything else in between, and the outcome is a realy fast wipe.

Sadly itā€™s probably not something that will be fixed, given at what point in the expansion we are. The design is very ambitious, but in practice it doesnā€™t work very well. My ā€˜favouriteā€™ bug is probably when Twilight Devastation procs, goes through a wall, somehow clips Jess Howlis and causes him to pull the whole floor.

dont run twilight stay away from walls pray tank know how to pull them

These 3 demands are not going to met. Nobody is taking away my TD!

Had a run this week where we somehow ended up mobs from the bottom floor, this is not a ā€œtoo close to the wallā€ or ā€œTD hit themā€ issue.

It is.

But theres other issues at play too.

I mean, we were up on the floor where the 3rd boss is, when I died 1 level lower (tank pulled it down, no idea why), the mobs that were resetting were the first pack that shield on the stairs that people often skip with the first obelisk.

The only thing I can think of is a TD hitting them through the wall somehow and still hit them while they were below the TD :frowning:

Theres trinkets and all kinds of stuff thats wonky in there. As well as essences that work on both x and y axes.

Yeah, mustā€™ve been torment in a jar or something too close to a wall, I hate that place so much :frowning:

its call bug dagor for reason blizz sey work intended hehe

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.