We thought we did, but we didn't know

They aren’t dead, just people screaming they are

i really hope they add it in sooner rather then later as well the longer it takes myt end up being to late so many realms suffering with low pop.

Wait wait wait, so you’re justifying the transfer fee and yet never used it?
If Blizzard is allowing mass exodus off the realms, then Blizzard should be responsible for the rest of those players.
People having to spend £80 to transfer their main + 3 alts just to play with other players is not right.

Merging is better and just give the new server a new name. If there is name conflicts they can just do like DAoC did when they merged servers. Put the server name behind the name of the person. So if there is Nikkyblond on lets say Gehennas (me) and Firemaw (someone else) and they merge these servers (just an example) in to a new server called “Stumpytoe” there will be Nikkyblond-Gehennas and Nikkyblond-Firemaw. Just like how you see names in Battlegrounds, and in battlegrounds they can just switch the Gehennas and Firemaw with Stumpytoe for both characters.

there is no reason for paid transfers, they should be free with current situations and architecture of servers.

1 Like

I did use it, I have three characters on pvp server and transferred all three to Firemaw.
My main characters realm is Pyrewood.

2 Likes

My server (Chromie-EUru) is pretty alive by the margins of original TBC. I think many would agree, that joining into common pool with some Megaserver will destroy our economy and introduce us to many bots that are plaguing this mega servers.

You mean exactly like it is for realm connections now?

No, because now you can not join guilds or raids with someone from another realm.

If the realms are connected you can do both. I think your knowledge is a bit lacking.

I think you are going on Retail information now. It took them a long time to make it so you could raid with ppl not from the same realm and still you cant do it in mythic difficulty.

Nope, Classic Era. You are thinking about cross realm stuff, which is nowhere near the same. Not all realms are connected but the ones that are, even in Classic era, they are as they are one realm.

Look at this page for the realms that are connected in retail and Classic Era. Select Europe or Classic Era in the dropdown.

Im in same situation right now. Our server is dead, we cant find the ppl we need to continue raiding and im forced to quit this game. Im not reading forums, dont follow many things here, just playing the game I love - TBC. And learning now that they never merged a server… i’m shocked and cannot believe that.
This is truly domino effect. I see it, like every day less and less ppl. Yday we raid TK 22ppl and we had pugs to get to 22, the struggle is real. They may make good money from transfers but game will be dead. Probably is too late to do anything already.

They problem isn’t in transfering your main. It is about transfering alts, that support your main via extra proffesions or by having farming specs or just to play another role/class/spec off your raiding schedule. The transfer cost grow and every server change makes you deside what alts are going with you and what are staying behind.
I had similar concerns in Legion, when I finally moved to last Alliance Megarealm via boosting Warlock with Legion pre order and transfered 6 more of my alts from my dying realm. Had to leave lvl 110 Rogue, Hunter, Paladin (Horde), Druid and Monk behind.

It is good that PvE servers are stable in Classic TBC and maintained their population, while PvP are shrinking or becoming mono faction pseudo PvE Megarealms fast, forcing people to transfer or quit, if their faction is local minority.

1 Like

Yeah, this is the issue.
Most people would have 2-3 alts at max level alone.
Having to pay £60-£80 in order to transfer all your alts to play the actual game is dumb.

Idd! Dare to refuse server merging.

That does not mention classic stuff.

I guess you have no idea what a dropdown is either.

I’ll link it for you to make it simple. See? Connected Classic Era realms.

Connected Realms

• Mirage Raceway, Nethergarde Keep, and Pyrewood Village
  • Ashbringer, Bloodfang, Dragonfang, Earthshaker, Gandling, Golemagg, Mograine, Noggenfogger, Skullflame, and Firemaw
  • Dreadmist, Flamelash, Judgement, Razorgore, Shazzrah, Stonespine, Ten Storms, and Gehennas

Dottie … you’re in the wrong forum. This is the Burning Crusade subforum.

And you should read all the posts before posting.