We thought we did, but we didn't know

Please connect realms… You will lose a lot of players if you don’t… A single realm with it’s own community is fun and game until the domino effect of leaving players kicks in… Cross-realm was introduced during WOTLK, but it’s time to do it a little bit earlier!

IMHO this should have been added LONG ago, I hope it won’t be too late!

6 Likes

It should be done but Blizzard won’t do it.

1 Like

That is a really stupid decision then. I see why this is the most hated company out there atm… So many weird anti-consumer practises.

3 Likes

No it was not.

4 Likes

You are right, it was during 4.2 in Cata. Either way this must be a better solution than having dead servers IMO. It’s already been done in Classic ERA.

Just transfer to a bigger server like everyone else you bum

1 Like

:-1: people shouldn’t.
Just let the game die in that case if blizz isn’t committed keeping it alive.
Its a ~15 year old game that still somehow uses a subscription mechanic, there should not be any damn price to doing server transfers when you are stuck on a miserable population server.
Stop defending disgusting business models.

7 Likes

Cross realm wont save the low pop servers as you can not form guilds or do raids crossrealm.

1 Like

They should do it like retail, the connected servers share the same channels and social systems. This isn’t the vanilla client, a “bug” when TBC released even made it so you could see players from other realms. So we know the tech is already there.

When I made my first character in classic, I knew the transfer service exists and how much it costs and someday I might need it.
I knew there were population and balance problems on pvp servers in the past.
I knew if server pop goes down, I will need to pay transfer cost to go to better server.
I knew all that and rolled on pve server which by this day are stable as on day one.
All this you are saying might be applied to new players who never played wow before.

2 Likes

Berny thought he wanted, but didn’t know better.

Now Berny just killing lowbies. Nothing better to do in tbc.

Yeah, and now people chose to transfer or quit. Many people chose to quit since this company is not even responding to this concern. TBC and Blizzard is a joke these days. Merges should be concidered by the company as population goes down, that’s just common sense. And I am sure most players expected the servers to be viable for X amount of time and if it dies, it’s also expected that the company fix the issue. Not forcing people to pay on top of their monthly sub to transfer.

1 Like

They should just merge low pop servers…
No need for cross realm retail stuff

Yeah, sadly you would have to move to a bigger server like the rest of us.

Been playing for 17 yrs now, I forgot how amazing it is to actually know people on your server. Have a community, drama and what not. Instead of legit having no idea who anyone is.

Im not sure this is what we need right now

They haven’t merged any servers in 15 years what makes you think they’d start now?
The devs most probably have strict orders from the suits to not do anything about faction balance/realm pops so more ppl buy transfers.

2 Likes

No, they should merge servers.

1 Like

I wrote that I thought they should.

I don’t think that they will.

No, they should connect them, YES there is a differnce.

Are the servers really dead ? Why ?
Phase 2 has been released only a few weeks ago