Weak Auras - Lying In Wait

Hello friends!

So on my rogue I’m buffing my weak aura set with all the goodies to help me in arenas. One of the secret op traits for rogue is Lying In Wait that lets you know when enemy is in 12 yards by changing its icon… which is great for stealth sap.

My question is … is there any way how to manipulate the look of the icons in weak aura? Like if I want to change the icon to Shadow Technique icon and make it only show up if the enemy is in 12 yards and if there is noone, there would be no icon at all?

I know it’s a petty request and mostly just for aesthetics, but I wonder haha :smiley:

That should possible since Lying In Wait gives buffs with 2 different spell IDs.
So what you need to do is make an aura that triggers when you have the speed buff, which has the spell ID 288158.
Then under Display you can choose which icon you want to display by unchecking “Automatic Icon” and then using the choose button to find the icon of your choice.

1 Like

Yaay! It works! Thank you man … I forget there is an option for ‘Exact spell IDs’ :3 thank you

1 Like

Lol i have 2 of those traits but i had no idea it would work in PvP against stealthed targets, thx for info :smiley:

No probs man, go get em! I mean isn’t it a little op for the inner ring trait? Especially when you make it visible like this with weak auras … I stealth sap 8 out of 10 stealthies now… I wonder if Blizzard really intended this, I mean … it’s almost as useful as Spectral Sight on dh, just working 24/7 hahaha.

Btw: Any other ‘exploits’ like this I don’t know about? :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.