Weak Auras might be gone soon

https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/1636462948678770710

I love the change but then meta needs to be slower. Hopefully that 150% crit change will be enough.

Does it also mean that Omnibar won’t work?

the intended use is for specific mechanics on raid bosses, so don’t get excited

1 Like

Yeah, maybe. We will see. There is such posibility though.

1 Like

The typical pvp weakauras are simply searching the combat log thats built in the game by blizzard for certain abilities and trigger a warning that way

This wont go away

2 Likes

Lord Mes WA package in shambles :cry:

Instead of hiding certain auras, just reduce the amount of auras, triggers, mini cds, … to keep track of :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

Nothing will happen in pvp. The WAs that are used in pvp just track when someone uses a specific ability. That can’t be hidden. The change in the API is solely for pve.

Edit: and the change only causes WA to not be able to track when the ability is about to be used. Durations and stuff that is obvious will still be trackable.

1 Like

Tbh I use WA like the 99% of player base but I never like the way it work with the game, and I feel like Blizzard design the game around it (and more add-on beside).

Imo they should ban it but like you said they should take a look at some stuff that is currently make the game ridiculous, even with WA you can get deleted these days and it’s so toxic.

For omnibar I think it’s fine and needed it help increasing the skill cap of player if used correctly and when you play a setup comp you wanna check some important stuff before a go or to secure a kill.

This change will make it, so that PvE/Raid encounters will have mechanics, that are gonna be invisible to addons, but this will never ever be applied to player’s abilities, therefore it will have 0 effect on PvP, apart from causing bugs for existing addons and potentially messing with people’s interfaces for a few days/weeks.

I’m not gonna go into details on how addons like weakauras work, but if you want to understand properly what this change does and why it won’t affect PvP at all, I recommend going to Preach’s youtube channel and watching the recent interview he did with the main Weakaura creator. The interview was conducted before this change was announced, but he talks about the backend of things and all he says is relevant in regards to the announcement anyway.

thank god i rly dont want to play game of 1000 random procs with zero visual without making auras of my own to track those

i also make my own auras to add things i want to see on their mechanics because default offers me nothing on class mechanics i want to see :tipping_hand_man:

Combat addons shoud not be in arena at the first place, shoud be same for everyone.

i bet every ww from sl would loved that :smile:

chi proc and ramp it and kekw

or hunter flayed shot on pet which u cant see without aura to remove it fast, people who did nothing vs flayed shot enabled 20% razor + 20% kill shots as my svs overall for typical 2v2 matchup

enemy hunters did 0 with razor and kill shots to me because i removed that flayed shot the second its applyed on me or my partner or my pet and i made aura to help with a color code for it which also turns to ks icon if they proc before remove it

the game just has too many proc and stuff without proper visual that its not good idea to play without wa or tellmewhen

Only addon i use in pvp is big debuffs so i can se when my stun ends, icon to small without that addon so i can’t se it :slight_smile:

ye the game has bad defaults

Yea well the stun is there but just to small.

reminds me of this meme with 42" tv on table with some play wow infront it :smiley:

1 Like

Well Blizzard is just having an new event system that hides specific auras but as someone already mentioned here in pvp these events are already in the combat log that tracks them to the Weakauras.

idk to me the game is more fun when I actually see what’s going on, blizzard ui doesn’t allow for that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.