Weapons min/max damage

Hello together,

simple question:

Does min/max dmg of a weapon play a role, if all have the same DPS?

Example:

PVP axe:
526-1095 , speed 2,6 , dps 311.5

PVP claw:
668-952, speed 2.6, dps 311.5

PVP warglaive:
628-993, speed 2.6 , dps 311.7

Some influences on overall/spike dmg between these weapons?

Thx in advance.

2 Likes

disclaimer: if im wrong in any point please correct me and provide source so i can better learn about this.

weapon damage used to be the scaling factor for abilities (apart from AP) but they changed it in BfA? source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=281913/battle-for-azeroth-new-formula-for-calculating-ability-damage

so with that change in mind my understanding is as follows:

for auto attacks (white damage): the final damage is weapon damage (number between min and max) + AP. maybe there’s a few other factors in the formula, but those 2 definitely play a roll in the final damage.

for ability damage (yellow damage): the DPS is the factor being used in the formula (along with AP). speed also is a factor for non-normalized abilities (dunno if DH has any of those). normalized abilities are those who use a fixed number for the weapon speed, instead of the weapon speed presented in the weapon.

so: if a class does a lot of white damage, weapons that have higher weapon damage are better, if a class does a lot of yellow damage, the weapon with biggest DPS is the better.

since DH has a spamable ability (demon’s bite) and doesn’t do much of auto attacks, i guess the biggest DPS is the better number to go for.

in your case since all of them have the same DPS i would go for the weapon with biggest damage, since you never know when a auto attack will kill that pesky pala that its running away!

2 Likes

Weapons are all bout ilvl, higher the ilvl better the weapon in all cases, exceptions might include ra-den weapons with corruptions,underrot fist weapon with good dmg efffect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.