Website going to US region

I live in EU, and when I press wow-europe I always come to a WoW website thats automatically set to US region, not EU. This might seems like a little thing, but then I I go to eu.battle.net and I log into my account (again I am in EU) and I went to the store, I am then again sent to an US store, and its not the first time I have purchased gametime for a friend to only be told by that friend they could not add it because it was bought in the wrong region.

Why is it persistent that the website reverts to US region all the time? If entering eu.battle.net then that should be a sign that I want to have the EU region, is it not? yet for some reason it goes back to US region.

can something be done to correct this or just skip the whole region thing and have one website and one shop for all regions.

It can have multiple problems, but is usually fixed when your browser setting is set at primary language: “English UK” and the bottom of this page is “English EU”.

1 Like

My earlier replies on the same topic:

TL;DR change your browser’s language preference for the web sites because Blizzard thinks the preferred language determines the region.

still does not explain why it switched to US when you gone into wow-EUROPE, that should been a clue it is in europe, and my pref lanbguage is set to english uk, but it still switches to en-us in the bottom every single time.

Remove the en-us entirely from the browser part.

As Grelier’s post above you explains for some reason Blizzard attempts to geolocate the user through the browser language instead of for example IP.

1 Like

this did the part, I had swedish(my native language) and Enlish (UK) and English (US) as languages, but when I removed the US part it remains in English UK

odd, though since I have english (UK) as set language in the browser and the swedish and US as added languages, but I guess it “feels” that and reverts to the closests thing to its source in spite the pref languages was UK. but its done now, thank you for the solution.

I have the same problem. Tried removing english (US) from laguage settings in browser and in windows but nothing…
Any other tips on this matter ?

Adding English UK perhaps to the top?