Website language

Please don’t redirect me to the german site, because my IP or browser locale implies that I live in germany. Set a cookie for my language of choice and add a dropdown to choose the preferred language, pls.

There’s enough censorship in german media - I don’t need it in gaming, too.

Make sure the language setting near the bottom of this thread (above the blizzard logo) is set to English (EU) but more importantly, check the settings of the browser you are using. Each browser has a language default which if set to German, will direct you to the German Bnet site.

1 Like

I wish ppl in the world knew Belgium isn’t all French…
Majority off us are actually Dutch but every website in the world wants us to speak French :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Well at least we can see that you pronounce Leviosaah correctly!
Mon Dieu! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Browsers have also “preferred language for web sites” setting and for some reason developers of the site deciced to try to guess your region based (among other things probably) on what preferred languages you have set in the browser. Many browsers will add the used UI language to your preferred languages so if you use for example German language browser.

See my earlier replies on the topic.

Blizzard doesn’t use IP Geolocation to determine language because they don’t earn enough to pay for commercial access to an IP Geolocation Database.

Instead they rolled their own… not very reliable… solution. Browser Language Sniffing. They use a number of javascript wrappers to sniff out what the default language your browser is set to.

1 Like