Weekly affix combo is a god damn nightmare

As melee, its down right horrible that is all

This week? Why?

Worst than bolstering fortified? :smiley:
Or Raging Fortified?

Packs get pulled in such a way when they die it stops dps because of sanguine pools, volcanic forces you to move and if you are blocked by pools your dps stops. Range are fine they can just hang back not have to worry for having to be right on top of them it’s a different story

I digress.

When you have to “cast” stuff and 90% of your rotation (both caster and healers) is casted spells (as opposed to instant abilities like melees)…

I say volcanic is the equivalent “headacke” for casters as Storming is to melees (storming gets you OUT of melee range, so you loose uptime).

If anything its a L2P issue as a melee. Really. Just move.

Also the sanguine puddles don’t hurt as much. Just walk over them, the healer can deal with a couple of ticks.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, you gotta be a pretty bad melee if you think this is a bad week.

Volcanic doesn’t even spawn if you are in range of the mobs. I guess looking when a mob is going to die and spawn a puddle is a warriors equivalent of 3D chess or something.

2 Likes

well sanguine by default is always terrible to play as it can screw your run no matter what.
Bonus points if tanks decide to pull mobs on a boss.

vulcanic was and is always a free affix.
Then I tried playing a prevoker. Now I think vulcanic is just terrible.
Might as well delete that dumb class and how badly it is designed that it gets totally screwed by the easiest affix in the game.

most if not all casters have very short cast times (except pyroblast, but you have shimmer or icy flows) and can finish their cast before vulcanic goes off and they usually also have several instant casts to fill the gaps. Never really had issues with vulcanic on any caster or healer.
Evoker on the other complete garbanzo with those super long empower spells which cannot be step casted and also doesn’t work with hover.
aug and dev have it not great but holy cow preservation is just omega garbage to play if you rely on getting your cast off to keep the group alive.

I preferred last week. Sanguine slows everything down, tanks need to have some experience with it, and it’s beneficial to have classes in the group that can grip or otherwise move mobs.

But it’s still better than what we get in the next two weeks: Fortified, Storming, Bursting, and then in two weeks Tyrannical, Afflicted, Bolstering. Bursting and Bolstering aren’t affixes I look forward to.

Have to agree with Deja. Sanguine is one of the easiest affixes for any dps.

If you need to stand in the sanguine for a few seconds to dps, stand in the sanguine. At your ilvl and the keys you’re doing, you won’t even need to use a defensive.

Both sanguine and volcanic are currently the easiest affixes around, together with storming.
But you play a warrior so the real rough affixes dont matter at all for your class so i guess its fair these seem bad.

Yeah yeah, its a non issue affix. But its an even less of an issue for melees that don’t have to cast anything to begin with. That is what I wanted to say.

even though it is basically a non affix, it is incredible annoying. storming is worse though

Is there any reason why ranged/healer keeps bringing this volcanic crap to melee? Already have enough stuff to avoid.

Grab a rogue for 45% healing reduction. With Improved wound poison each stack is 9% healing reduction up to 5 stacks.

probably because they also don’t want to play the vulcanic mechanic. As long as stays at range, there won’t be puddles in melee

there are some fail group builds where all 5 are melee anyways.
3 melees + tank + hpal or MW

not too bad mean cen do whit out senguin but better bolstring

Sang is a bit crap on frost dk with death and decay. On 1st platforms like Rise the tanks just keep moving full time. Never standing still. So that is basically 0 damage done by me. Volcanic isn’t that bad, except the amount of times you get kicked in the air during the soak on Fall’s last boss is facepalming.

Your notion of a “fail group” is hilarious. You do know it’s even possible to do Rise as full melee if everyone uses their brain?

it is just a joke.
I have build many full melee groups by myself only to remember later that we all are melee.
It is not great but mostly works fine. Better than full caster comps with a priest and no dh/pala tank.

there is nothing about rise that actually needs a range dps, or are you referring to orbs which is about as hard with 5 melees as it is with 3 ranges.

on vulcanic full melee comps are quite annoying though

Its funny. To be honest, I perform better and its easier to heal a full melee group (except me).

First I do all the ranged mechanics. Second, melees have a ton of short interrupts. Its wonderful !

And third, having all party members clumped up in a neat ball is easier to heal. Not just for me. For any healer.

1 Like

Two things actually. The battlefield boss fight is more difficult without ranged kicks and CCs because of the need to bait the frontal while dealing with the adds. The other thing is the orbs. It can get very tricky to see who is standing in what when they’re both dropping in melee, and I doubt we would have managed them if we weren’t all on voice comms. But it’s all possible, yeah.